Bring your passion for space!
Redwire is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space by delivering reliable, economical and sustainable infrastructure for future generations.
Redwire Goleta, CA is accelerating humanity's expansion into space through specializing in manufacturer high-reliability satellite technologies, solutions, and products. These cutting-edge capabilities address cost and performance limitations that are helping to revolutionize spaceflight and are currently being utilized on missions with NASA, the Department of Defense, and commercial space companies.
We are currently seeking an Associate Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Goleta, CA. This position will work closely with our engineering team to design and develop mechanical systems for our space products and services. Additionally, this position will have systems engineering and business development responsibilities, including defining system requirements, developing system architectures, identifying potential customers and partners, developing relationships with key stakeholders, and contributing to the development of marketing and sales strategies. The ideal candidate will have 0-2 years of experience in mechanical engineering, a strong academic background, and a passion for space exploration.
- Work with senior engineers to design and develop mechanical systems for space products and services
- Participate in the design and development of structures, mechanisms, and other mechanical components
- Collaborate with other teams to integrate mechanical systems into overall product designs
- Participate in the creation of design documentation and technical reports
- Define system requirements and develop system architectures
- Identify potential customers and partners, and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of marketing and sales strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 0-2 years of experience in mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of mechanical design principles and practices
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for space exploration
- US citizen or legally authorized to work in the US (permanent resident/green card holder; visa sponsorship not accepted) OR US citizen required when applicable
- Systems engineering experience or interest in developing systems engineering skills
- Business development experience or interest in developing business skills
- Experience with CAD software such as SolidWorks or Creo
Salary range $67,000 - $84,000
Grow with us as we innovate the next generation capabilities for a new era of space exploration! We offer a highly competitive benefits package along with a commitment to our core values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Inclusion, and Excellence.
Redwire Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Redwire Space is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Redwire Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and your ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US. Note that some positions will also require US citizenship or ability to obtain a security clearance due to requirements of a classified program.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR Click Here