The HR Coordinator is an integral member of the HR team and will provide general support with HR help desk inquiries, act as a key contributor to HR Operations projects, and onboard and welcome new hires to Intelsat. This role frequently liaises with HR team leaders as well as other teams within Intelsat and the incumbent will have the opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
This role reports to the HR Operations Manager. The HR Coordinator will be based in our Tysons Corner office and is expected to report onsite 3 days a week (Mondays required) in a hybrid working arrangement.
- HR Employee Services
- Resolve general employee inquiries and help desk tickets within the Oracle Cloud HRIS as part of the centralized HR Help Desk team, working with the appropriate teams to route and resolve more complex HR questions.
- Handle onboarding tasks and follow-up, which include, but are not limited to: close communication with the talent acquisition team regarding new hire status and start dates, new hire form collection, new hire notifications to IT and managers, and sending welcome emails with orientation details.
- Schedule all orientation sessions on a weekly basis across multiple locations and act as an orientation facilitator on a rotating basis with other orientation team members.
- Update the orientation presentation as needed with any updates or changes to policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of new hire Form I-9s and conduct monthly I-9 completion audits.
- Perform unemployment claim processing.
- Complete verifications of employment as needed.
- Work with internal SMEs to update the Employee Handbook annually.
- Compliance and Immigration
- Work with HR Operations Manager and SMEs within Intelsat to incorporate new laws/legislation/updates into policies, procedures, and training materials as needed.
- Act as initial point of contact for immigration services vendor for basic requests, (such as LCA posting or confirmation of employment details), complete visa questionnaires in immigration counsel's case management system, and provide first-line support with basic employee questions related to immigration, resolving more complex inquiries with the assistance of immigration counsel and/or HR Operations Manager.
- Schedule mandatory drug/alcohol testing for quarterly random pools in the FAA Safety Sensitive program, enroll new hires in the program as needed, perform quarterly audits of enrolled employees, and assist with submission of annual reporting.
- Assist with data collection and gathering timely responses to auditor requests.
- Liaise with other HR departments to facilitate data collection for annual compliance reporting activities (AAP, EEO-1, CA Pay Transparency, and other reports as required).
- Program Management
- Co-facilitate and coordinate the annual summer internship program.
- Co-facilitate and coordinate the 24-month rotational associate program.
- Act as a key team member on HR Operations projects.
- Other duties:
- Draft PowerPoint Presentations; and write, revise, and update content for the HR intranet.
- Provide additional support to the team as needed and assigned
You should have:
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Minimum two years’ professional work experience providing support to an HR team
- Team-oriented with a penchant for collaborating
- Impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail and diligence with follow up
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
It would be nice if you had:
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience with project management
- Experience with HR compliance and/or employment-based immigration matters
- Experience creating user guides, SOPs and Canva
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new solutions and new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Job requires ability to sit for long periods of time
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled