EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Avionics and Certification
in our Hughes Network Systems division to provide oversight and guidance of certification activity for Hughes In-Flight Connectivity products being installed and operated on customer aircraft. This position will provide technical leadership and recommendations on to ensure airworthiness, technically sound, and high-performance solutions to enable optimal system performance, adherence to schedules and budgets set forth by the program.
If developing cutting-edge products and services is of interest to you, Hughes is a great place to enhance your career. Launch your new career at Hughes and seize the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in the industry and exceed your potential.Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to customer and MRO maintenance staff for installation and operation of the Hughes IFEC system.
- Lead and Manage certification process and on-wing between the customer, technical operations, MRO maintenance staff, third-party suppliers, and internal stakeholders during installation and aircraft operation.
- Ensure Hughes and its subcontractors adhere to all applicable regulations to ensure safety, adherence to policy and regulation.
- Lead and review engineering modeling, fabrication drawing, assembly drawing, and other required documentation for parts and systems using appropriate tools.
- Supports team providing structural or electrical analyses for current and future modifications dependent on discipline.
- Lead the development of STC amendment design data related to reconfigurations, system upgrades, layout passenger arrangement changes and equipment design evolution
- Complies with airworthiness, policies, and quality requirements, procedures.
- Internal and external design reviews (PDR, CDR, FAI, etc.).
- Lead the development of customer and MRO requirements for installation and maintenance of the IFC system.
- Support service bulletin generation and implementation for hardware and software updates.
- Identify and support implementation of process improvements at MROs, customer sites, third-party suppliers, and within Hughes.
- Assist in the development of preventive maintenance programs.
- Work closely with MRO and customer stakeholders to monito, manage, and track status of certification and actions across customer fleets.
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- BS in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering and/or equivalent training and or experience.
- MS in Aerospace, Systems, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- FAA designee either as a Designed Engineering Representative (DER) or an Organization Delegation Authority (ODA) Unit Member (UM)
- Understanding of DO-160 and FAR 25, specifically for compliance to 14 CFR 25.1309, 25.1353, 25.853, 25.855 & 25.859.
- Highest safety, legal, ethical, and performance standards. Apply these ethos towards all job responsibilities
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following areas: 1) Aircraft structures and loads, 2) Avionics
- Exceptional customer facing skills.
- Drive and energy to influence and adapt to change
- Collaborate and/or negotiate with OEMs, FAA, and EASA to obtain approval on Flammability Test Plans/Procedure, Structural Test Plan/Procedure, Qualification Plan, and establishing Qualification Basis.
- Expert knowledge of FAA/EASA certification processes.
- Ability to understand and explain engineering procedures, drawings and manuals.
- Complete understanding on the Aircraft certification process, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to use independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on time.
- Ability to travel to customer and/or MRO locations on short notice.
- Ability to pass security and background checks as required for aircraft and hangar access.
- Solid time-management skills and self-discipline.
- Excellent communication skills.
- IFEC experience a plus
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.