BryceTech has partnered with technology and R&D clients to deliver mission and business success for nearly 20 years. Bryce combines core competencies in analytics and engineering with domain expertise. Our teams help government agencies, Fortune 500 firms, and investors manage complex programs, develop IT tools, and forecast critical outcomes. We offer clients proprietary, research-based models that enable evidence-based decision making. Bryce cultivates a culture of engagement and partnership with our clients. Bryce Space and Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
BryceTech offers a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, a comprehensive health plan including dental and vision coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, 401(k) plan with company match, and an educational reimbursement program.
In 2006 the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) was established to support and advance the development of vaccines, therapeutics, diagnostics, and innovative technologies for use during public health emergencies. The BARDA model’s success is codified in 1) 60+ Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approvals, licenses, and clearances, 2) 101 Biomedical products supported for COVID-19 response, and 3) 136 BARDA-supported COVID-19 partnerships. This success centers on BARDA’s public-private partnerships, which have accelerated the development of Medical Counter Measures (MCM) vital to our National Security. BARDA provides its partners critical capability and technical support needed to accelerate MCM regulatory approval and deployment, including support for advanced research and development (AR&D), FDA licensure, and clinical use.
Subject Matter Expert Responsibilities – General
- Support BARDA Program Office(s) as a subject matter expert in the fields of Chemical Threats, Radiological/Nuclear Threats, Burn and Blast Injuries, or Biological Threats (including viral and bacterial threats) as well as the research, development, manufacture and regulatory approval/ licensure/ clearance of medical countermeasures against these threats including but not limited to diagnostics, preventives, and therapeutics.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on key issues related to the area(s) identified above.
- Review study protocols, study reports, regulatory documents, presentations, proposals, and related documents.
- Provide senior-level briefing(s) to ASPR/BARDA as required.
- Prepare regular reports to ASPR/BARDA management on various technical issues identified as required.
- Provide recommendations for project development level portfolio management and oversight as required.
- Develop, implement, and consciously improve Total Life Cycle Cost (TLCC) efforts.
- Participate in Market Research efforts.
CBRN SME Responsibilities - General
- Providing subject matter expertise in fields relevant to the Homeland Security Enterprise, including chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear subject areas.
- Assisting with the development and administration of contracts, to include tasks such as: development of solicitation material, administration of source selection reviews, and assessing technical solutions.
- Monitoring project performance and reviewing deliverables to ensure technical, programmatic, and financial goals and objectives are met and identify possible program risks.
- Maintaining and monitoring program budgets to include gathering and reviewing monthly reporting information from project/program performers and developing budget execution plans.
- Organizing, directing, and coordinating planning and production of all activities associated with assigned task order projects.
- Providing support to Portfolio and Program Managers in their continued engagement with DHS S&T customers on the receipt, prioritization, and regular reporting of their operational capability gaps.
- Providing data collection and analyses of user requirements and of existing and emerging systems, capabilities, and technologies.
- Performing routine tasks including, but not limited to, scheduling, writing internal memos, maintaining and updating Program Management records, filing, intranet website maintenance, preparing and reviewing presentations, records maintenance, and coordinating daily operations of the assigned program.
- Assisting with planning technology transitions to the respective operational customer.
- Attending meetings, workshops, conferences, and program reviews at the direction of the program or project manager to provide programmatic and technical review, record meeting minutes, and contribute to the program management dialogue with performers.
- Providing assistance in managing and responding to program-aligned S&T Executive Secretary data calls, compiling information, and preparing information for reporting to senior leadership.
- Supporting the identification, assessment, evaluation, and testing of existing and emerging technologies, systems, and capabilities, including coordination with related government, academic, and industry programs; attending meetings and symposia; coordinating meetings and programs reviews; and supporting program advocacy including development and production of presentation materials.
Biological Subject Matter Expert Specific Responsibilities.
- As a Biological SME, you will serve as a biological subject-matter expert and technical authority with a focus on current/near-term events, plans, developments, and trends pertaining to the proliferation of WMD and biological events; issues impacting biological security; force protection; and force operability and survivability against a broad spectrum of biological WMD events.
- As a biological subject matter expert, conducts applied research on specific intelligence issues pertaining to the WMD threats to US and allied nations; provides written input to reports and briefings; assists with answering requests for information (RFI).
- Assists in research and analytical data entries related to biological WMD; all for dissemination to BARDA leadership and its personnel, Combatant Commands, and the Intelligence Community (IC).
- As a Biological SME with specialized experience in biological warfare and defense you will analyze and produce intelligence products for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) focused on biological WMDs, and counter-proliferation threats using advanced all source analytic capabilities.
- You will apply expertise in biological WMD, counter-proliferation, and network analysis (Counter Threat Network), social network analysis, and command and control systems.
- You will serve as an All-Source Counter-Proliferation Intelligence Analyst with specialized experience in biological warfare and defense whose primary responsibility will be informing DTRA activities through structured research using multiple sources and analytic tool suites.
- You will deliver products that increase the client's situational understanding and comprehension of biological WMD and improvised-threats, and associated counter-proliferation networks.
- The Biological SME will respond to strategic operational and tactical collection needs based on raw intelligence and apply knowledge of related collection techniques and possess working knowledge of tradecraft and tools used in the biological WMD and counter-proliferation collection environment.
- You will assist in enabling DOD, IA, and IC communities of action to dismantle, disrupt, and defeat biological WMD and counter-threat networks. To do this, you will prioritize and categorize requests for support, conduct near- and long-term analyses of device and network-centric problem sets, and fuse multiple intelligence disciplines.
- You will directly support embedded teammates; answer requests for support from customers and work closely with the senior analysts to develop high-quality products and work closely with other members of the team to identify valuable information on biological WMD and counter-proliferation threats, and enemy organizations; identify trends, and patterns.
- Master ’s degree in biological related field (biology, microbiology, epidemiology, public health)
- At least 3 years of experience providing intelligence analysis for DoD and/or an intelligence agency in an analyst role, including multi-intelligence WMD or counter-proliferation production in the past 7 years.
- More than 2 years of direct experience with DoD and IC All-Source analysis tools, collecting and analyzing information in support of DoD or other government organizations, or direct experience managing analytic production, or the exploitation of multi-intelligence data focused on WMD or counter-proliferation.
- More than 1 year of experience providing Attack the Network (AtN) analysis focused on WMD, CT, or counter-proliferation/improvised threat networks.
- Practical understanding of collection techniques and working knowledge of tradecraft and tools used in the WMD and counter-proliferation collection environment.
- Practical understanding of network analysis tools such as Analyst Notebook and Palantir.
- Practical understanding of geospatial Intel tools such as ArcGIS and Google Earth.
- Practical understanding of Intel-related databases such as M3, TAC, NCTC Online, TIDE, ICReach SIGINT database, Cultweave SIGINT database, PROTON SIGINT Database.
- Practical understanding of MS Office, Excel, and big-data analytic techniques for structured and unstructured data.
- Active Top Secret/Specialized Compartmented Information Security Clearance.
Current Active DoD TS/SCI Security clearance required. This position will most likely be 100% remote.