At EarthDaily Analytics we strive to build a more sustainable planet by creating innovative solutions that combine satellite imagery of the Earth, modern software engineering, machine learning, and cloud computing to solve the world’s toughest challenges in agriculture, water management, carbon capture verification and more. Our focus has been on building the world’s most advanced satellite image processing pipelines capable of delivering automated, reliable, meaningful analytics from our customers’ satellites and our own. Our belief is that insights can only be as good as the data itself and we pride ourselves on generating the highest quality data products in the industry. With our upcoming constellation in 2024 which will image the Earth’s entire landmass in 22 spectral bands, every day everywhere, we’re excited to continue pushing the boundaries of what's possible in Earth observation and analysis. Our goal is to provide our customers with not just data, but solutions that drive real-world impact and change. We're committed to being at the forefront of sustainability innovation, and we're looking for talented individuals who share our vision and want to make a positive impact on the planet.
We work in a product driven environment, where we are dedicated to bringing innovative earth observation services to life to deliver customer focused solutions. Our products are delivered by our highly skilled multidisciplinary team of engineers with backgrounds in Geography, Physics, Computer Science, Atmospheric Studies, Mathematics, Cloud Infrastructure, Industrial Design, and Aerospace Engineering, among others. Our team of experts have achieved numerous groundbreaking achievements including developing the world’s first colour HD video from space, building processing pipelines for some of the most well-known commercial satellites, and creating an award-winning raw satellite calibration and processing SaaS for ours and our partner’s satellites. We’re also currently underway building revolutionary earth observation-based analytics to help solve some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We are currently looking for an experienced Director of Product Management to join our crew to contribute to our ongoing innovation and product leadership!
READY TO LAUNCH?
Do you want to work for one of the most exciting space companies at the forefront of global scientific monitoring with a goal to support some the most pressing environmental challenges? The ideal candidate takes a target driven and customer-oriented approach to define and bring to market a suite of products and services leveraging our revolutionary satellite constellation and partner datasets, combined with advanced processing and remote sensing based solutions.
PREPARE FOR IMPACT!
As a Director of Product Management, you will take a customer focused approach to lead the product management and rapid growth of a key product portfolio in the areas of earth observation based environmental products and solutions. You will be responsible for defining, launching, and managing products that align with EDA's vision and strategy and will be involved with the following high impact activities:
- Lead the product development process from ideation to launch, including market research, competitive analysis, customer requirements gathering, and product roadmap development for a product vertical.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the market, customer needs, and competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, data science, sales, marketing, and operations, to ensure successful product development, launch, and ongoing management.
- Develop and manage the product roadmap, including prioritization.
- Define detailed product features and requirements, including user stories, use cases, and acceptance criteria.
- Monitor and analyze product performance metrics, customer feedback, and market trends to identify areas for improvement and new product opportunities.
- Act as a spokesperson for your product portfolio, communicating product features, benefits, and roadmap to internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement of the product development process and product management best practices.
- Work with the technical and programmatic teams to write winning proposals to help commercialize our products and services.
- Support the product pricing, cost modeling and positioning with marketing and sales for new product lines.
- Support the creation of sales engineering presentations that effectively communicate the value of EDA's products and services to potential customers.
- Lead a team of Product developers as the product and services portfolio expands.
- Create product demos leveraging your knowledge of remote sensing and the available products and services.
- Develop an academic partnership program to engage with universities and research institutes, fostering collaboration to create environmental analytics and solutions applicable to the EarthDaily Constellation technology.
YOUR PAST MISSIONS
- Bachelor or Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Geography, Business or equivalent.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience in a relevant area such as data analytics, software applications or a SaaS field.
- 7+ years working in remote sensing or Earth Observation application development.
- 10+ years in a leadership role.
- Proven ability to grow a network of partners and customers who can provide direct feedback on new products and services.
- +1 for a current network applicable to this role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and communicate effectively with customers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Proven track record of launching successful products and managing a product portfolio throughout its full lifecycle.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and tools.
- 4+ years supporting the creation of product materials such as technical brochures, GitHub release pages, presentations for product marketing and sales, and technical white papers.
- 2+ years of experience writing and/or leading winning proposals to support product development.
- Excellent knowledge of earth observation sciences, e.g., remote sensing applied to environmental applications.
- Skilled at efficiently conducting research and literature reviews on environmental applications such as biodiversity, carbon sequestration, water management, etc. to help drive new products and innovation.
- Basic knowledge of at least one modern programming language (e.g., python, C++, java, go, etc) so that you can perform demonstrations with our products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an understanding and ability to effectively communicate with people with differing communication styles (e.g. introverted and extroverted).
- Self-starter and self-learner attitude with the ability to prioritize workloads in order of importance.
- You are passionate about teamwork and collaboration and enjoy evangelizing your suite of products internally and externally.
We’d love to welcome you to the team for this opportunity. Ours is a fun, fast-paced and exciting work environment where we hold innovation, teamwork, honesty, and trust as our core values. And just like space exploration - we’re constantly evolving and pushing new boundaries.
This position has a requirement to travel for customer meetings, training, and conferences/trade shows and event attendance.
To make the most innovative products that serve our customers, we recognize the role that each of us plays in Diversity and Inclusion at EarthDaily. We draw from our diverse crew of exceptional team members and encourage and empower our team members to express themselves regardless of identity, race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression.
WHY EARTHDAILY ANALYTICS?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Be part of a meaningful mission as part of one of Canada’s most innovative space companies that are developing sustainable solutions for our planet
- Continuous employee growth and development including training from leading experts in the field in advanced topics spanning remote sensing to cloud-native architecture
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunities made to fit your life
- Great work environment, team and one of the best office locations in Vancouver (right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre)
- Company subsidized lunches, lunch & learns and Friday afternoon social hours
Powered by JazzHR