Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Human Space Flight Export Control Analyst
on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
Join us as a pioneer in an endless frontier filled with challenges, adventure, and scientific discovery. We enable NASA to accomplish their goals by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, commitment to excellence, proactive thinking, and who are team players. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, apply today.
The Human Space Flight Export Control Analyst
- Provide analysis of exports to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws and regulations.
- Assess requests and make recommendations for commodity export jurisdiction/classification as well as foreign national access to NASA technology.
- Perform review of policy and operational procedures and provide recommendations and impacts to the Johnson Space Center (JSC) Export Administrator.
- Provide support to the JSC Export Control Representatives (ECRs), to include acting as ECR for export record analysis and approval, review/approval of website content, approval of imagery to release for public consumption, Scientific and Technical Information (STI) and physical and logical access to export-controlled technology by foreign nationals.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of applicable experience, or any combination of education and applicable experience.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university, plus ten (10) years of applicable experience, or any combination of education and applicable experience.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university, plus fifteen (15) years of applicable experience, or any combination of education and applicable experience.
- Experience with multiple software applications such as MS Project, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required.
- Possession of excellent data gathering, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of ITAR, EAR, Documentation for Export Compliance and Ethics in Trade.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.