Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise across the program acquisition life cycle in quality, mission assurance and manufacturing to the government for the assigned MDA programs, in this case focused on GM Missile Defense System.
- Apply QMA manufacturing principles and industry best practices to program activities.
- Participate in cross-functional teams conducting quality, mission assurance and manufacturing evaluations and assessments, for existing and developmental missile defense components. Activities include providing on-site verification and auditing at Developer facilities to ensure that robust controls are in place for quality assurance practices including foreign object debris, electrostatic discharge, and contamination.
- Support engineering technical and management reviews, to include (but not limited to) System Requirements Reviews (SRRs), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs), and Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), qualification testing and Program Management Reviews (PMRs) and Incremental Engineering Technical Reviews (IETRs).
- Provide technical expertise for failure investigations and failure review boards. Activities include determining root cause of failures of MDA hardware and software.
- Draft and submit status reports and papers identifying and explaining conditions, issues, status and corrective actions present in the programs. Activities include (1) determining appropriate corrective actions for failures of MDA hardware appropriate corrective actions and software and (2) evaluating effectiveness of corrective actions following implementation.
- Experience leading and executing extensive quality, mission assurance and manufacturing engineering efforts for complex weapon systems, system elements, interfacing systems, components, devices and/or processes for operational programs.
- Experience with review boards and failure investigations to identify root causes and corrective actions, conduct risk assessments, and validate the adequacy and effective of corrective actions.
- Travel periodically, approximately twice per year
- This position is located at MDA facility in Huntsville, AL with the expectation to work onsite less than 3 days per month. Otherwise telework from home is authorized when not required to be onsite
- Bachelor’s Degree in Professional engineering from a school of engineering Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET) accredited as professional engineering curriculum
- 10+ experience in the implementation of engineering principles to support and promote quality, mission assurance and manufacturing.
- Security Clearance requirements: Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret clearance prior to start
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)