Your Mission at Virgin Galactic
You will be responsible for leading the efforts on development of dashboards and analyses that enable leaders of the organization to make data-driven decisions. In this role, you will work with key clients and other data analysts to build scalable data science solutions and utilize data to support business needs. This position will report to the Lead Data Scientist and build relationships cross-functionally to provide support to our client organizations. This is a hybrid position based in Tustin, CA (3x/week in the office).
Required Skills And Experience
- Building effective relationships with key stakeholders to design solutions based on business needs and priorities
- Developing dashboards to generate actionable insights to help business leaders make data-driven decision
- Managing multiple concurrent projects that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders while balancing impact on business needs
- Applying expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers to tell a compelling story
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Economics, Statistics or Computer Science
- 4 – 5 years of experience in an analytics role
- 1 year of related experience in Human Resources. 3 years of related experience in Human Resources is preferred
- Advanced knowledge with Excel; Proficiency in SQL, R, Python, Tableau, PowerBI
- Experience in building self-service dashboards
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Build rapport and cultivate effective working relationships with a focus on collaboration and continuous improvement
- A team player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong sense of attention to detail
- Proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics
- Excellent storytelling skills, coupled with business acumen with the ability to understand and know your audience
- Knowledge of SuccessFactors a plus
The annual U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $79,300.00–$121,000.00. The base pay actually offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, location, and experience and take into account internal equity. Other forms of pay (e.g., bonus or long term incentive) may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Virgin Galactic benefits, please visit https://vgcareers.virgingalactic.com/global/en/benefitsWho We Are
Virgin Galactic is transforming humanity’s relationship with space. By making it more open and accessible, we are connecting the world to the love, wonder and awe inspired by space travel, helping to create new opportunities for the benefit of life on Earth. Whether it’s supporting cutting-edge research missions for scientists and students, or offering life-changing experiences for the adventurers among us, Virgin Galactic is THE spaceline for Earth. Such an audacious vision requires a team as driven as they are curious - one capable of redefining the boundaries of what’s possible.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Virgin Galactic is committed to a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants post offer and active teammates are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. This can include pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and accident related drug and alcohol testing.