Who You Are
The newly created Innovation and Digitalization Department (IDD) is responsible to drive innovation, developing new products, improve processes, leveraging digitalization and much more. You will be a part of it.
This is an ambitious role in our new office in Sofia, Bulgaria. You will be reporting to the Head of Product Development.
In this role you are going to use a new approach to the development of software and hardware based products and solutions in the company using modern languages and architectures. We are looking for someone passionate about the details of technology and obsessed by delivering best-in-class reliability-driven engineering.
This position is for flexible work (hybrid 50% remote is the standard) and based in our office in Sofia. It is a permanent full-time position with an immediate starting date.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
What You Will Focus on
- Design, develop, document, test, debug and deploy full-stack web solutions;
- Help your team to deliver business value by taking decisions related to the solutions we are developing and actively participate in discussions with other software engineers, internal or external;
- Help your colleagues by reviewing and improving code quality;
- Collaborate with other software developers, QA and DevOps engineers to ensure smooth deployment, continuous integration, and support for the software that we deliver;
- Actively drive/contribute to the success of the Technology and Digitalization Department and the company as a whole, by supporting colleagues and other relevant initiatives;
What You Bring
- Good English written and verbal communication skills;
- University degree in an engineering field, computer engineering, physics or similar;
- Relevant experience with Elixir language, OTP and web development stack (Phoenix, LiveView, Ecto), embedded (Nerves) OR are willing to learn them (Elixir experience is NOT mandatory);
- Familiar with other software languages and ecosystems (Python, Java, Rust,...);
- Experience with PostgreSQL/SQL and AWS;
- Experience with Linux, cloud servers (VPS), containerization (e.g., Docker/ Kubernetes) and SSH;
- Understand Web Services, REST and GraphQL;
- Passion for clean, maintainable and testable code;
- Flexible attitude and quick adaptation to changing priorities;
- A “can-do”, hands-on, proactive and optimistic attitude of “making things happen”;
- Are a Team Player willing to learn and apply the methodologies and way of working of the Department and are open to listen and adopt others’ suggestions;
What We Offer
- Highly international environment: You will work with talented and motivated people from different cultural backgrounds on very diverse and dynamic topics, always dealing with innovation and cutting-edge technologies that help our world advance.
- Work-life balance: Flexible work schedules, in-person, hybrid or remote working, 25 days of paid annual leave.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you.