Engineering Reports To:
Test Engineering Manager Essential Functions of the Role:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and construction of RF test bench setups and fixtures to support manual and ATE Testing.
- Maintain, train, and continuously improve configurations to support the fast pace design and production of power amplifiers.
- Manage efforts in Design Verification Testing and provide technical information / feedback to project engineer and/or the design review teams.
Minor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching, analyzing, designing, and creating processes for testing and troubleshooting RF component and RF systems.
- Lead collaborations in a team environment to analyze specifications and performance requirements to create and implement test configurations.
- Create and manage documentation procedures for Design Verification, Factory Acceptance, Qualification, and/or Functional Test.
- Support Production group as needed as resident expert.
- Knowledge and understanding of RF test equipment such as Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Power Meter and Sensor, AC and DC Power Supplies, and Oscilloscope
- Thorough understanding of RF power amplifier testing in standard RF functionalities that includes but not limited to: S-Parameter measurements (S21, S11, S22, S12 ), IMD, Harmonics, Spurious Emissions, P1dB/P3dB, Gain Compression, Noise Figure, Phase Noise and ACPR.
- Prior experience with supporting Qualification Testing, including but not limited to: Environmental (Temperature Variation, Humidity and Vibration), EMI/EMC, and Lightning.
- Interpret industry standards such as DO-160, UL, homologation and CE.
- Proficiency in multiple software programs (Microsoft Office, PLM, SAP, Agile).
- Some Knowledge/experience with Labview for test automation is desired.
- Strong communication,and organizational skills.
- BS Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 4+ yr. minimum in related field
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required typing skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to sit for an extended period of time
$80,000 - $97.000 The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations made by to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and responsibilities can be changed at any time at management discretion.
Wavestream is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.