Gilat’s satellite communications ecosystem is built around our inter-disciplinary platform, based on cutting edge technologies, state of the art communication protocols and modulation schemes, innovative optimization algorithms as well as advanced networking protocols.Key Accountabilities:
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- In this position, you will develop new products, make suggestions for improvements/modifications to existing products, including product concept, thermal analysis and simulation, design documentation as well as testing and design characterization.
- You will create part definitions, modules, and assemblies in the form of 2D drawing ,3D models, tolerance stack-ups, and various electronic data formats to support analysis,manufacturing, assembly, tooling, and inspection – using Solidworks.
- Mechanical design for new product development – design of mechanical components that meet the required performance specifications.
- Maintenance of existing CAD designs and execution of ECOs when required.
- Design systems which incorporate RF modules, control electronics, power systems, cabling and cooling.
- Design detailed housing assemblies for highly integrated, mixed-technology systems.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
Desired Experience and Education:
- Experience using 3D Solidworks.
- Milling, turning, sheet metal fabrications, aluminum high pressure die casting, CFD
- Design experience with forming, extruding, laser-cutting, machining, anodizing, plating, powder coating.
- Experience with development of dynamic airborne applications – advantage.
- Experience with MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-8591, MIL-STD-8856, MIL-STD-1763 – advantage.
- Experience working with PCB designers and exposure to PCB layout and PCBA mechanical design
- Knowledge of and experience in selecting materials, manufacturing methods, and surface treatments for mechanical components
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Plastic injection molding.
- B.Sc. in mechanical engineering with more than 3-5 years of experience in mechanical design.