Intuitive Machines is seeking a Lunar Project Lead
that can drive development of satellites and other key elements for our Lunar Data Network Services (LDNS) program. This position will report to the LDNS Program Manager (PM).
The applicant will be located on-site in Houston, TX. U.S. Citizenship Required
The candidate will work in a cross-functional team to drive execution of key deliverables for the LDNS program.Responsibilities
- Work with cross functional team of engineers and managers to drive day to day execution of key LDNS projects
- Work with engineers and managers to track and execute project deliverables (hardware and software)
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors
- Engage potential suppliers and drive procurement efforts
- Document and report project progress to stakeholders
- Drive weekly working groups and other meetings as needed
- Support resolution of technical issues, risk management and mitigation efforts
- Support the LDNS PM in managing overall program performance as well as managing the scope, schedule, budget, and performance
- Ensuring project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
- Support budget and schedule development efforts for programs and proposals as needed
- Create and maintain a comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
A candidate for this position will be encouraged to take on as much responsibility as practical and will be expected to play a role in the entire cradle-to-grave development process, including design, planning, execution, and supplier engagement of key LDNS projects.
status and risks
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and minimum of 10 years of experience in aerospace industry or related discipline; or Master’s in Engineering and minimum of 3 years of experience in aerospace industry or related discipline.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) and MS Project
- Experience in creating and delivering effective presentations/briefings to leadership on project
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects which includes making commitments, setting priorities, and
delivering results on timeDesired Education/Experience/Skills
- Satellite industry experience
- Supplier management experience
- PMP/PMI and/or MBA a plus
- Software development experience a plus
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work on tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Embraces Intuitive Machines core values: Respect, Integrity, Dedication, and Excellence
- Ability and willingness to work under compressed and aggressive delivery schedules
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment.
Intuitive Machines is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. However, due to restrictions imposed through contracts supporting the U.S. Government, some positions require U.S. citizenship. Candidates for certain positions may be required to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.