Gilat Satellite Networks is a leading global provider of satellite-based broadband communications. With over 35 years of experience, we design and manufacture cutting-edge ground segment equipment, and provide comprehensive solutions and end-to-end services, powered by our innovative technology.
The Strategic Accounts Director is expected to identify, pursue, and close long-term large satellite communication business opportunities. Target opportunities require the definition of new solutions and products and hence it is expected that the Strategic Accounts Director will have enough technical background in telecommunications and preferably in the satellite domain (ground and space). This background should enable him to qualify opportunities, correctly quantify the potential, and identify technological gaps if any and how they can be fulfilled (internally and/or externally via partnership/cooperation). Once an opportunity is qualified, the Strategic Accounts Director will lead the sales efforts, defining the win strategy, building the commercial proposal, negotiating, and closing the deal. The Strategic Account Director will work internally with Gilat’s Product team and CTO office to engage with target customers to the define the solution and project scope.
The Strategic Accounts Director will establish a long-term strategic account engagement throughout the solution development, implementation, and post implementation.
The Strategic Account Director reports to the Vice President of Global Accounts.What You Will Do
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including Product, R&D, CTO, Delivery, services, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Identifies technology partners and establishes commercial and technical engagement to bring critical content to a proposed solution
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- 10+ years’ experience in the telecommunications; preference to satellite communications (ground and/or space)
- High English written and oral proficiency, a must
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in large customer-facing engagements
- Ability to evaluate and define together with Products and CTO new technological solutions and approaches
- Ability to manage complex pre-sales activities including cross-functional proposal preparation, financial business case analysis, and internal management approvals
- Build strong relationship with technological partners and targeted customers
- This position requires extensive travel as needed.