EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer in our Hughes Network Systems division. This position will be located at our office in Gaithersburg, MD.Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting issues that arise in the user terminals domain in the LEO constellation.
- Execute test scenarios between Hughes modem host processor, antenna and air interface.
- Verify compatibility between different User terminal modules with existing design ICD’s
- Troubleshoot any field issue related to integration of user terminal in conjunction with ground network.
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues reported from customer labs, field sites and production network.
- Resolve issues and provide detailed steps to be carried out in the field to rectify them
- Generate Knowledge base documents and update trouble tickets opened internally or by the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- 5+ years of relative experience
- 2 years of Network experience to include TCP/IP, UDP or related protocols
- Have a solid understanding of the end-to-end LTE/5G Network Architecture, Protocol Stack, Log analysis (QCOM QXDM/QCAT).
- Experience with Network troubleshooting tools like Wireshark, and thorough knowledge of simple protocols is a must: tcpdump, ping, traceroute, ipconfig, netstat, nslookup tools
- Familiarity with different telecommunication protocols: LTE and 5G protocol experience, UE/Handset test experience (QXDM/QCAT tools, Log basic analysis) is desired.
- Software design and architecture experience.
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.