EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a SEC Reporting Analyst. This position will be located in either our Gaithersburg, MD or Denver, CO offices.Responsibilities
- Assist with preparing and filing SEC periodic reports, including Forms 8-K, 10-Q, and 10-K
- Manage the XBRL process and assist in the review of the final document for filing
- Prepare and review financial information in press releases and investor relations materials
- Analyze and provide insight into quarterly analytics
- Assist in the review and update of the Company's accounting policies
- This role is a highly visible role within the Corporate Accounting organization, interacting across all business units and key functions
- Preparation of financial reports and related footnote disclosures in compliance with United States (U.S.) generally accepted accounting principles and applicable Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules and regulations in conjunction with SEC filings
- Quarterly responsibilities also include providing financial data / analysis to Investor Relations for earnings news release, coordination of reporting items from all businesses and key functions, coordination with external auditors, and XBRL tagging procedures
- Perform technical research and monitor disclosure requirements
- Other responsibilities include analyzing financial data, appropriate documentation of internal controls in accordance with SOX requirements, benchmarking, and performing other accounting, analysis, and disclosure duties on a timely basis
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of public accounting or Corporate SEC Reporting experience
- CPA is a huge plus, not required
- Thorough understanding of SEC reporting requirements and U.S. GAAP
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and accountable
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Works well in teams with an ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, including Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
Annual Salary: $64,000.00 - $80,000.00
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.