Our long-term client relationship with Jacobs has led to a need for a Structural Dynamics Engineer
on the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Structural Dynamics Engineer Will
- Perform structural dynamic analysis on spacecraft in multiple NASA human spaceflight programs including but not limited to Orion, Gateway, Human Landing System, and Commercial Crew Program.
- Perform detailed finite element modeling and coupled loads analysis.
- Perform analyses using commercial and in-house codes as well as write new simulation scripts.
- Perform modal analysis on component Finite Element Analysis models in preparation for modal tests.
- Identify critical modes for a component or system.
- Review and process modal and structural data (analytical and test).
- Develop test plans and procedures, documenting test results.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Currently enrolled in a BS Degree program in Engineering, accredited engineering school with an anticipated graduation date no later than May 2023.
- OR -
- BS degree in Engineering from an accredited Engineering school.
- OR -
- BS degree in Engineering from an accredited Engineering school, plus two (2) years of experience in the field or related area.
- Familiarity with desktop software applications, MS Office is required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Finite element modeling experience.
- Experience with Python, MATLAB, and/or C/C++.
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Experience using NASTRAN with FEMAP as a pre/post-processor.
- Experience with Component Mode Synthesis and Craig Bampton model reductions.
- Experience performing multi-body and dynamic contact analysis (e.g. LS-DYNA or Adams).
- Experience customizing analysis processes through scripting and software development.
- Familiarity with version control methods using GitLab or GitHub.
- Proficiency in Python, MATLAB, or C/C++.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.