One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.What You'll Do
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer that brings a high level of technical knowledge and soft skills into a stream-aligned autonomous team. We work on multiple AWS hosted SPAs that we deploy to daily with our own defined CI/CD processes. We engage directly with stakeholders such as project managers and product owners to understand customer requirements and plan and implement these changes ourselves. We strive to achieve a high level of code quality, well tested UX design and development with accessibility and best practises in mind.The day-to-day
As a senior software engineer, you will be expected to work well independantly and with other mentoring and training more junior members of your team and will be contributing at the highest level to our software’s design and architecture. You will be responsible for working on new features, bug fixes, technical tasks, writing and maintaining tests, software configuration and writing documentation. You will help facilitate and improve our Agile processes.What You'll Need
What Will Help You On The Job
- Our single page web apps and mobile clients are built on top of JVM servers that expose rich RESTful APIs. Our single page applications are built using React, Redux and packaged using Webpack.
- Web development on a modern framework using React and Redux
- Component styling methods using Styled Components & Styled System
- Unit and automation testing with Jest, Enzyme, React Testing Library and CodeceptJS
- Understanding and implementation of WCAG accessibility requirements
- Component libraries such as Storybook
- Build management with Webpack 5
- Contributing to our design and software development lifecycles
- Knowledge of CI/CD and AWS a bonus
What we offer:
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field or equivalent practical hands-on experience
- Extensive professional experience in a related job using an Agile software lifecycle including TDD, pair programming, short release cycles
- Experience with one or more major web framework e.g., React, VueJS, Web Components
- Experience integrating with RESTful JSON API’s
- A competitive compensation package which includes healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, pension contribution, fitness reimbursement and much more.
- A dynamic work environment with smart colleagues
- A high degree of autonomy, flexibility and trust
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.