Your Mission at Virgin Galactic
Summary: Leads all aspects of the Company’s equity program, including the administration, communication and compliance of equity awards.
- Lead the company's equity programs and ensure that all equity transactions are accurately processed and settled in a timely manner, including RSUs, PSUs, Options, PSOs
- Manage the relationship with the 3rd party recordkeeper and oversee data integrity, data validation, employee demographic data, etc
- Respond to participant inquiries (teammates, Board members, etc) and/or engage recordkeeper for resolution
- Coordinate with payroll and recordkeeper for tax withholdings
- Prepare share pool analysis for Board materials (eg. Burn rate, shares issuable, share modeling data)
- Prepare and/or validate stock related data for external disclosures, including the proxy and 10K, and associated Section 16 filings
- Coordinate with Legal, recordkeeper, and external counsel on 10b5-1 plans and black out dates
- Partner with Legal and Finance to ensure ongoing compliance with all regulatory requirements, internal and external reporting and requirements and disclosures.
- Work with internal and external audit parties to evaluate controls, process documentation, and documentation for SOX compliance
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure awards are properly approved based on grant guidelines, the Compensation Committee, and/or the Board of Directors as required
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliation of records between the recordkeeper, Finance, Legal
- Generate and review recurring and ad-hoc reports required for Finance, Payroll, and Legal, departments
- Reconcile transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, and other items as required
- Evaluate best practices and developments in applicable laws to drive changes in equity plan design and implementation.
- Develop communication materials and conduct internal training as needed
- Identify, develop and implement processes and procedures to automate, streamline and improve stock administration functions
- Create and maintain process documentation for the department, including recurring operational work and special initiatives
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience with the Fidelity platform and recordkeeping is a plus
- Exceptional organization skills and the ability to multitask
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of SEC Section 16 rules and forms
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 yrs experience in stock plan administration and/or oversight for an employer plan
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP)
The annual U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $123,200.00–$197,150.00. The base pay actually offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, location, and experience and take into account internal equity. Other forms of pay (e.g., bonus or long term incentive) may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Virgin Galactic benefits, please visit https://vgcareers.virgingalactic.com/global/en/benefitsWho We Are
Virgin Galactic is transforming humanity’s relationship with space. By making it more open and accessible, we are connecting the world to the love, wonder and awe inspired by space travel, helping to create new opportunities for the benefit of life on Earth. Whether it’s supporting cutting-edge research missions for scientists and students, or offering life-changing experiences for the adventurers among us, Virgin Galactic is THE spaceline for Earth. Such an audacious vision requires a team as driven as they are curious - one capable of redefining the boundaries of what’s possible.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Virgin Galactic is committed to a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants post offer and active teammates are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. This can include pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and accident related drug and alcohol testing.