Zeno Power’s (Zeno) mission is to provide clean, plug-and-play power anywhere in the universe. To do that, Zeno is developing a next-generation radioisotope power system (RPS) that generates carbon-free, resilient power for decades, utilizing material found in nuclear waste. Zeno’s technology is both light-weight and cost-effective compared to historic RPS, opening up broad market opportunities in space and terrestrially. To bring this breakthrough technology to market, Zeno is seeking out purpose-driven and innovative professionals who are comfortable working in a startup environment. Team members will have a direct impact in enabling commercial and national security missions from the depths of our oceans, to the surface of the moon, and in austere environments here on Earth.
Zeno is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Technical Project Manager
Zeno is seeking a highly motivated Technical Project Manager to support the mission-oriented efforts of developing and bringing to market Radioisotope Power Systems (RPS) technologies. In this role you will:
- Generate schedule and schedule baseline.
- Cost and resource load first of a kind engineering projects with inputs from Zeno stakeholders, including government agencies, the U.S. Department of Energy, National Labs, and suppliers.
- Monitor and analyze cost and schedule performance/variances against the schedule baseline using earned value data recorded and actual costs compared to the time-phased budget.
- Work collaboratively with the engineering departments and key leads across the project, Contracts and Procurement, Finance, as well as other internal partners to meet project goals.
- Manage, evaluate and make recommendations to the VP of Engineering for proposed schedule and cost baseline change control requests.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring Zeno’s and Zeno’s Supplier performance meets the baseline schedule and cost requirements.
- Support procurement and contracting activities such as Statement of Work creation, Procurement Requisition creation, acquisition, execution, monitoring, and contract close out.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. or higher in an engineering discipline from accredited university with > 6 years of engineering management or project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing schedules and costs in an aerospace or nuclear environment.
- Strong understanding of baseline change control and configuration management.
- Project Management Professional certification is desired.
- MS Project or P6 experience required.
- Experience managing a first of a kind or engineering design project strongly preferred.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a project management effort with minimal direction.
- Able to meet deadlines and perform under pressure in an uncertain environment.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 15 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel: Travel is required, 10%-15%
Compensation and Benefits
The anticipated salary band for this position is $125,000-175,000. The final job level and compensation will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, years of relevant experience, skills, qualifications, certifications, and other business considerations.
In addition to competitive compensation, we also offer a generous benefits package, which includes:
- Stock options
- Flexible paid time off
- 401k plan with employer match
- 16 weeks of paid family leave
- Annual employee wellness reimbursement and office supply stipend
- Health care reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Applicants for employment at Zeno Power must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.