One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
At Viasat, the Government Accounting department serves as the primary point of contact with government auditors and interacts with all of the business areas within Viasat to ensure accounting compliance with government regulations. As the Government Accounting Director, you will use your strong understanding of CAS, FAR and GAAP to develop and lead a team of corporate accountants and advise management on proper accounting in accordance with various regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring the execution and completion of various government submissions and to ensure that Viasat continues to grow and develop in compliance with its regulatory commitments.
- Develop Government Accounting team expertise
- Ensure accounting compliance with CAS, FAR and GAAP
- Interface with DCAA, DCMA and other government representatives
- Stay current on all government accounting regulations and keep the organization informed of relevant changes
- Coordinate and lead the preparation of required regulatory accounting submissions within the timeframe mandated by the Government, such as Forward Pricing Rate Proposals, Incurred Cost submissions, Disclosure Statements, cost impacts, etc.
- Lead and review government accounting financial close process deliverables (rates, allocations, journal entries etc.)
- Respond to government audits and coordinate corrective actions as necessary
- Work with management to ensure appropriate cost structure for government business including rates, allocations, etc.
- Provide management with analytical assistance and advice in all government accounting aspects
- Develop, track and report metrics; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems and making improvements
What you'll need
- 10+ years experience in government accounting
- 5+ years supervising employees
- Expert in CAS, FAR and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- CPA License
- Experience negotiating FAR / CAS issues with government agencies
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and continuously meet deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- ERP system experience (SAP preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related
- U.S. Citizenship
What will help you on the job
- Big 4 or other public accounting experience