Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, a leader in innovation, manufacturing, and operations in the satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast-growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is seeking an experienced Senior Cost Accountant
to join our growing team. Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations, the Senior Cost Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that our worldwide inventory, cost of goods sold, and manufacturing costs are fairly stated following generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and our accounting policies. The ideal candidate will have aerospace manufacturing experience and extensive experience working in, and implementing, ERP systems.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop Terran Orbital current cost accounting processes as the business matures
- Develop Terran Orbital standard costing and inventory tracking process/system
- Develop and provide management with key performance indicators for decision-making purposes
- Calculating, analyzing, and updating standard costs periodically (quarterly to start)
- Analyze and collect data to determine costs of commercial and clinical inventory such as raw materials, labor costs, and overhead
- Analyze the actual cost of goods sold and provide variance explanations for any resulting manufacturing variances monthly
- Participate in any ERP projects and workshops impacting inventory, cost of goods sold, or manufacturing
- Assist Manufacturing, Quality, and Supply Chain organizations by participating in project teams as needed
- Support the business development team in determining prices to be charged as part of any supply agreements
- Assist the General Accounting and Tax teams with the accounting for and settlement of intercompany shipments
- Ensure internal controls related to cost accounting are adequate and ensure processes are SOX compliant
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification And Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive, relevant experience
- Must have a substantial cost accounting background and a sound understanding of GAAP
- Experience working with manufacturing personnel on the development and analysis of standard costs
- Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- ERP implementation experience, preferably Microsoft Dynamics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) experience
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- 401(k) Match
- Unlimited PTO
Your actual level and base salary will be determined case-by-case and may vary based on the job-related qualification, knowledge, skills, education, and experience. In addition to base salary, we offer equity for each employee, 100% covered medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) match, unlimited flex time off, covered life insurance, maternity and paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, employee referrals, and lots of swag!
About Terran Orbital
Terran Orbital is a leading manufacturer of satellite products primarily serving the aerospace and defense industries. Terran Orbital provides end-to-end satellite solutions by combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and on-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. Learn more at www.terranorbital.com
An employee must meet the physical demands described to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. In performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to sit or stand for long durations of time, in addition to bending, reaching, and walking. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. This position is generally sedentary, with substantial computer usage.
The job operates in a professional office environment but in a manufacturing company. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and scanners.
To comply with US Government space technology export regulations, the applicant must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the US Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may require a current United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].