We are looking for a Project / Bid Manger to build strong relationships with customers in national and international Earth Observation systems programmes; to be driven in bidding for and winning new work that aligns to company strategy; to successfully manage the development of Earth Observation Software Systems.
Telespazio UK is part of a company containing over 2500 people working in the growing field of Space Systems and operations and Geo-Information. Telespazio is majority owned by Leonardo, one of the UK’s largest defence, aerospace and security companies. Telespazio is looking to fill a diverse and critical role to support our broad Space systems architecture work covering missions across UK and European, in civil and defence.
Responsibilities / Duties
We'd like you to:
- Manage Bidding activities, providing the critical leadership to drive things forward by liaising and coordinating with the various stakeholders: sales, technical, legal & contracts, external suppliers / partners / customers
- Construct bid documents and contribute to relevant sections following best practice approaches and utilising key company heritage from previous bids.
- Prepare project plans and manage development teams to perform the work
- Write SoW and requirement documents for subcontracted work
- Manage the preparation of cost estimates and maintain financial project reports
- Travel to international end user sites as required.
Qualifications / Experience
- Experience in Earth Observations software, systems or service delivery (e.g. data management / dissemination / processing / handling, big data platforms, data interfacing standards)
- Project Management (of Payload Data Ground Segments, Earth Observation platforms, Geo-information systems, or similar projects)
- Degree or equivalent experience in relevant technical subject (e.g. Physics, Remote Sensing, Geology, Civil, Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Science)
- Understanding of the broader Earth Observation marketplace
- Results and timescale driven
- Professional, systematic and thorough
- Self-motivated and inquisitive
- Comfortable working in an international environment
- Flexible and willing to work on a range of activities, to meet business needs
- Good team worker