Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, a leader in innovation, manufacturing, and operations in the satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast-growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations
Do you have a passion for creating visually stunning designs and want to work for a company that values creativity, innovation, and personal growth? Terran Orbital is seeking a talented Jr. Graphic Design Intern (Summer 2023)
to join our Marketing Team. The Jr. Graphic Design Intern must have a keen understanding of design principles and the process of developing brand identity systems across media. Working closely with our creative team and under the Senior Graphic Designer, this role will be involved developing visual brand concepts. This position is an incredible opportunity for a motivated individual to shape the outcome of our commercial/defense space capabilities and to develop marketing skills and experience in a technology growth area.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create effective, high-quality, and well-designed print/online pieces utilizing a variety of art elements, font styles, and techniques, which display a good sense of design, color, and composition.
- Perform creative tasks as dictated by the company's needs.
- Maintain productivity at the level set by management and adjust to workflow as needed.
- Proof and perform corrections on projects accurately and error-free. Along with maintaining optimum quality when working with digital elements.
- Provide ideas, backup support
Qualifications And Skills
- Junior and Senior college-level graphic design students working toward a graphic design degree
- Proven graphic design experience.
- A portfolio including branding and application.
- Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to, Illustrator, XD, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Web design skills are a big plus.
- Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, word, and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent skills in photo editing, typography, and layout
- Ability to take direction and synthesize abstract concepts.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work closely with graphic designers and the Marketing director.
- Ability to self-govern with minimum supervision, establish workload priorities, and utilize efficient time management practices to achieve assigned tasks.
- Excellent collaboration and organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 22 CFR
- 120.15, or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- Knowledge of Web Design, Digital Media (UI/UX)
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
$12.00 - $15.00 an hour
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may also require the possession of an existing United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
ABOUT TERRAN ORBITAL:
Terran Orbital is a leading manufacturer of satellites primarily serving the United States and Allied aerospace and defense industries. Terran Orbital provides end-to-end satellite solutions by combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and in-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. Learn more at www.terranorbital.com.
This is largely a sedentary role with heavy computer usage. Position may require incumbent to move files, walk around the office, and bend/stand as necessary.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may also require the possession of an existing United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job classification. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
This job description does not alter the “At-Will” nature of the position. Employment with the Company will remain “at-will” unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the President of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]