Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.Exports Technical Compliance Manager
The Exports Technical Compliance Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining compliance with Rocket Lab’s Export Control Management Plan, the Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR 730-799) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR 120-130). You will report to the General Counsel within the Legal organization, with deliverables required for program teams, internal leadership, and government and commercial customers. This role can sit out of Long Beach, CA, OR our Washington D.C. office. what You’ll Get To Do
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
- Analyze contractual and other documents to ensure compliance with export control requirements and company policy, including the need to obtain export licenses. This may involve working directly with production to understand the technology, individuals, and facilities involved and determining whether item is export controlled and requires a TCP or license for use or shipment.
- Make export licensing determinations and assist in the preparation of export licenses.
- Serve as a point of contact for advice, resources, education and coordination of export compliance.
- Maintain export documentation, including license applications, commodity classifications, technology control plans.
- Develop and maintain training aids and export control website, including manuals, brochures, handouts, and web-based training materials.
- Manage international shipments to ensure compliance with export control regulations and federal trade regulations.
- May require domestic and international travel.
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have
- 5+ years of export controls experience.
- BS Degree in Engineering or similar.
- Strong experience with U.S. Export Regulations and Export Licensing
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage to accomplish project objectives within timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to articulate and effectively communicate trade compliance information to various levels of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Possess a high level of analysis, evaluation, and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to draw conclusions and decisions based on regulatory reasoning.
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Pay Range (CA Only)
$110,000 — $150,000 USDImportant Information
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here