Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.SUMMER 2023 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
Rocket Lab is looking for students interested in working in the aerospace industry: from electrical, mechanical, and software engineers, to supply chain and finance professionals - our positions are not limited to only engineering students! Our internship program allows students to get hands-on experience in aerospace jobs within our various divisions! Students must be enrolled in an accredited college degree program (freshman – postgraduate).SPACE SYSTEMS
The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab’s future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites, enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.What You’ll Get To Do
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
- As an intern, you’ll work closely with your mentor and other employees within the department to apply your knowledge and grow your skills both technically and professionally
- Work with a fast-paced group of professionals to apply engineering and industry concepts to solve real challenges!
- Attend frequent 1:1s with mentors and supervisor to facilitate success and learning while providing progress updates
- Enjoy tech talks and network with other interns and employees through social and professional events
- Manufacturing engineering – join our team with sole ownership of one or more high priority projects that will assess your problem solving and time management skills of applied manufacturing engineering
- GPA of 3.5 or above
- Must be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in an engineering, physics, math, or other technical discipline and have at least one semester of school remaining after completion of internship
- 3+ months of applied engineering experience through university team/project experience, internship, or labs
- Able to work full time while not enrolled in coursework, onsite for a minimum of 12 consecutive weeks beginning in May or June 2023
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Pay Range (CA Only)
$28 — $28 USDImportant Information
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here