Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is a young international space startup. It was founded in 2018 as a spin-off of the OHB Group on the belief that daily space travel will revolutionize space service and the way we can improve life on earth. RFA is developing small launcher solutions for low cost access to space in a unique set up. If you want to be part of this NewSpace adventure pioneering space? Then join our journey and apply for our permanent and internship positions.
We are looking for an exceptionally motivated and experienced Avionics Hardware Technician (f/m/d) to join our special-projects rocketry team. You will work in a dedicated, dynamic and international environment that aims for excellence by creating high-performance engineering solutions while keeping prototyping and production costs at an absolute minimum. Be involved in the systems engineering team and learn the overall architecture of our high-tech but low-cost product. If this sounds inspiring to you, then apply with us!
- Collaborate with the design engineers for hardware assembly
- Conduct technical meetings and collaborate with various departments
- All aspects of electrical and avionics work
- Installation of complex wiring harnesses and modifications to existing wiring, within Avionic shelves and panels.
- Support and take part in all R&D activities
- Perform control cabinet as well as cable assembly and wiring
- Produce on time and to quality manufacture of Electrical assemblies
- Escalating blockers and issues to team Leader
- Test and fault diagnosis of electronic circuits to component level using a range of proprietary and specialist test equipment including scopes, network and spectrum analyzers and function generators
- Completed apprenticeship as electrician/electronics technician or similar discipline
- Work experience as an electrical technician ideally with electronics control systems and standard industrial sensor knowledge
- Experience building electrical or electro-mechanical assemblies
- Good understanding of the common test and troubleshooting equipment, e.g. multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience in documenting complex and detailed systems
- Experience in aerospace sector is a big plus
- High level of problem-solving skills, independent and target-oriented way of working
- Fluent oral and written English skills (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)