provides lunar surface access, lunar orbit delivery, and communications equipment at lunar distances, founded in 2013, headquartered in Houston 77058,
we are a leading space exploration, infrastructure, and services company that designs, manufactures, assembles & tests various operating devices for Nasa, Artemis, Axiom and with Jacobs Engineering.ALL our positions require either U.S. citizenship OR U.S. Naturalized citizenship.
Intuitive Machines is looking to hire an experienced Mechanic as a general systems maintenance
expert for servicing requirements of Intuitive Machines’ facilities. As a Mechanic Technician, you will take direction from the Facilities Operations Director. You will select and implement corrective and maintenance actions on a wide variety of mechanical in our advanced aerospace production facility.Mechanic Technician Job Summary
To ensure success as a mechanic technician, you should have high-level problem-solving skills, extensive experience working with industrial mechanical systems, and good communication skills.
Ultimately, a mechanic who can solve a broad range of problems, ensures the smooth running of a building’s systems, resolves issues quickly and efficiently and is ready to support all building and manufacturing activities
.For example, plumbing backups, minor electrical circuit checks/repairs, filter changes, furniture moves.
This person can also perform or work with factory engineering/field service engineers to perform IM machinery maintenance/installation.
Our ideal candidate has at least five years of professional experience, current mechanic certifications,
and a flexible schedule.Mechanic Technician Responsibilities
Mechanic Technician Requirements
- Monitors and maintains facilities’ equipment.
- Monitors facilities to ensure a safe, clean, efficiently operating, and productive work environment.
- Assist Facilities Management in schedule and organize any service work performed by technicians, vendors and contractors relative to repairs, cleaning and security operations.
- Perform maintenance repairs for basic plumbing, minor electrical, carpentry, HVAC systems, roofing and general landscaping.
- Conduct regular building rounds and submit reports to Facilities Management to ensure your area of responsibility is clean and that cleaning and maintenance crews are keeping their assigned facilities clean and equipment in working order.
- Respond to client inquiries and complaints. Ensure timely and quality service delivery to clients. Follow up with clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior military experience a plus.
- 2-5 years of solid experience as a maintenance/mechanic in a manufacturing environment.
- Plumbing knowledge to address leaks.
- Carpentry ability to handle basic repairs around the building.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with employees and visitors to the building in a pleasant manner.
- Attention to detail to ensure that all jobs are completed in an exemplary manner and any potential hazards or warning signs of problems are not overlooked.
- Mechanic/maintenance qualification certifications a plus.
- Familiarity with commercial and industrial mechanical systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Physically strong and able to stand for long periods.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- United States citizen.
- Able to work independently or with a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a well-rounded individual who can perform a variety of service and maintenance tasks each day.
- Ability to interact effectively as a leader or a team member and work collaboratively with other departments.
Intuitive Machines is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. However, due to restrictions imposed through contracts supporting the U.S. Government, some positions require U.S. citizenship. Candidates for certain positions may be required to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.