$115,000 - $175,000 / year
As an RF Software Engineer
your core responsibility will be to own the design, implementation, testing, and delivery of flight RF software systems for space missions anywhere from low earth orbit to Mars and beyond ...
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team to define and build custom RF communications systems, implement RF software architectures, and bring up RF devices in the lab and on vehicles
- Development of mathematical algorithms for RF signal processing and calibration
- Design and optimization of RF system control algorithms to improve performance and reliability
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 2+ years experience in writing software for wireless communications systems in critical applications
- Ability to work in the lab with RF equipment including spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and SDRs
- Experience testing and troubleshooting RF devices
- Familiarity with link budgets, modulation/demodulation schemes and software implementations, and throughput optimization
- Professional experience working with at least one of the following: C, C#, C++, Python
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Experience implementing baseband software for systems using PSK, GFSK, APSK, or similar
- Experience writing embedded software that runs on a vehicle of some kind (car, plane, drone, rocket, spacecraft, etc)
- Familiarity with satellite spectrum licensing laws, agencies, and standards
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
Compensation bands are determined by role, level, location, and alignment with market data. Individual level and base pay is determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on job-related skills, education, experience, technical capabilities and internal equity.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Impulse Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Impulse Space is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.