Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you.
We are looking to add a Principal Power Electronics Engineer I
to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge power electronics for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for power electronics circuits and systems through all stages of the development process. The two primary product areas for this position are: (1) optimized point-of-load converters for RF and digital modules (typically ranging from 1W to 50W), and (2) standalone dc-dc converter modules (typically 20W to 500W). Design elements and responsibilities will include isolated and non-isolated DC-DC converters, maximum power point tracking solar power converters, magnetics design and analysis, system-level power management and distribution design, point-of-load regulators, switching and linear regulators, filters, and stability analysis and measurement.
As a principal engineer on the hardware team, you will be responsible for hardware designs from concept through production, including product roadmaps, block diagrams, part selection, schematic design, PCB layout and routing, analysis, manufacturing (working with contract manufacturers), test, qualification, and in-orbit support. Principal engineers also serve as technical and professional mentors in their field.
The successful candidate will also present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Successful Candidates Will Require, As a Minimum
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- 7 years of industry or university research experience in power electronics design, analysis, test, and troubleshooting.
- Extensive industry experience designing successful power electronics products from concept through schematic, layout, manufacturing, test, and deployment.
- Experience designing power system architectures.
- Expertise in power circuit analysis, such as worst-case circuit analysis, failure method effectivity and criticality, and reliability.
- Expert-level proficiency in electronics design (EDA) tools such as Altium.
- Expert-level proficiency in PCB layout for power circuits.
- Experience with SPICE-based circuit simulation.
- Experience with power integrity simulation tools such as Ansys or ADS.
- Extensive hands-on experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electronic loads, and signal generators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with space electronics design, development, and qualification.
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC design and mitigation techniques.
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.