What you'll do
The Maintenance Control SATCOM Specialist, is a key member of Viasat’s Commercial Airline Support team, which helps deliver and maintain Viasat’s best-in-class “Viasat In-Flight Connectivity (IFC)” services to our Commercial Airline customers. The Maintenance Control SATCOM Specialist also plays a critical part in the service launch of new customers, supporting system activations and over-the air system checks for new installations and maintenance of the Viasat onboard In-Flight Connectivity solution. This position requires contributing to shared knowledge, documentation, training of peers and other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a background in commercial aircraft systems, specifically electrical and avionics equipment troubleshooting and testing. The critical nature of the work requires good judgment, initiative and specialized technical expertise to understand problems and develop recommended solutions.
The candidate should be based or willing to work in London.
- Designs and provides technical guidance for internal personnel analyzing and troubleshooting unscheduled maintenance on Viasat IFC system.
- Communicate with Aviation Operations Managers, Quality Assurance, Materials management, and contract maintenance as required to support the repair and maintenance process.
- Participate with technical teams to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair any discrepancies related to the terminals in accordance with approved technical data.
- Analyze system reliability and determine a course of action based on those findings.
- Provide remote assistance to support diagnostic checks on Viasat IFEC equipment installed on mobility operations customer vehicles.
- Coordinate new software roll out, testing and implementation to minimize impact to reliability.
- Review’s terminal historical data and issues action plans as required based on data trends and team analysis.
- Generate metrics from historic analysis provided by maintenance control team.
- Utilize Splunk to determine predictive failures and trend common failures to provide recommendations to development engineering
- Retrieve and analyze log files in a linux environment.
- Own User Interface software improvements and provide recommendation to engineering for corrective action.
- Manage over the air terminal software roll-out and coordination with internal and external engineering.
- Own all single terminal investigations
- Manage operations repeat and chronic programs
- Provide source data for technical training department
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager, Commercial Mobility Maintenance Control (MCC).
What you'll need
- 5+ years’ experience in troubleshooting and triage of technical issues in a fast paced environment, to support customers.
- 5+ years’ experience in Network Operations and Product Support
- 3+years analyzing and trending operational data to gain efficiencies
- 3+ years working with Ku or Ka band RF equipment, antennas, standard test equipment, and communications theory.
- 3+ years working in a Linux networking environment with log analysis
- Proven Ability to provide on the job training related to Linux, Satcom and troubleshooting mobility terminals.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in a 24x7 environment as needed to support round-the-clock operations
- Ability to assist customers with complex troubleshooting without instruction, using sound judgment to obtain results.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
What will help you on the job
- Experience/knowledge of Splunk
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline
- Experience in the Airline/Commercial aviation industry with knowledge of the regulatory environment.