Due to exciting growth in the business we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Team Leader - Senior Aerothermal Engineer to join our Systems Architecture, Performance, and Aerothermal function.
Reporting to the function head this role will involve the effective management of a multi-skilled team of aerothermal and performance engineers, providing appropriate development, monitoring, and training to ensure delivery of engineering projects on time, on cost, and quality, in a high-tech, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Leading, monitoring, and supervising a group of engineers to achieve goals that contribute to the growth of the business and delivery on their projects. This will include recruitment, people development, performance monitoring, mentoring, objective setting, and task assignment.
- Creating a supportive and inclusive culture in the team to communicate ideas and information both up and down the organisation.
- Expanding aerothermal capability & expertise through knowledge sharing and proactive development of design and analysis processes, methods, and tools.
- Leading or contributing to aerothermal sub-system and system designs, including heat exchangers and thermal management systems, interfacing with the structures, design, manufacturing, and materials engineers to ensure feasible, practical solutions.
- Pre-processing, running, and post-processing CFD simulations, and interpretation of results to explain system behaviour and provide performance estimates
- Leading or contributing to the scoping of verification and validation activities, including definition of objectives and instrumentation, design of test articles, and analysis of aerothermal test data and comparison of results
- Representing the company by playing a leading role in technical bids, design review gates, and external technical communication.
To be successful you'll need:
- Experience in management of engineering teams
- In depth knowledge of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer
- Experience in the use of CFD pre-processing, solver, and post-processing tools
- Experience in the simulation of thermo-fluid systems and using a variety of 0D-3D modelling tools
- Qualified to degree level in a STEM subject or equivalent engineering experience (experience from different industries will be considered)
Reaction Engines is committed to fairness and inclusivity. Research tells us that applicants tend to only apply when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. If you believe you have what it takes and this role excites you, but you don’t align perfectly with the criteria listed, we encourage you to still apply. We’d love to have a discussion!
What we offer you
We have some fantastic benefits that sit alongside a great salary
- Dynamic Hybrid Working (where your time is split between working from home and in the office)
- 9 day Fortnight work pattern (every other Friday off)
- 28 days annual leave (increasing to 30 after 2 years' service)- pro rata based on work pattern
- Company Share Option Plan
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Subsidised childcare at Culham Nursery
- Life assurance (3x annual salary)
- Family friendly policies
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employer matching pension up to 5%
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee recognition (STAR Awards)
- Annual Professional Membership
- Health and wellbeing discounts & wellbeing challenges via our EAP
Salary: £45,000 to £65,000, depending on experience
Working hours: Full time, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week. Flexible working arrangements will be considered