Primary role purpose:
As a Global Technical Support Consultant, you’ll be joining a 24/7 support team monitoring and maintaining the terminals, firmware and networks for Inmarsat’s Partners, end customers and sometimes as part of a Managed Service offering. If there are any issues relating to ‘The Service Offering’, such as configuration, upgrades, throughput, you’ll be the first person our Partners and end customers will come to. Tasks can include installing and configuring systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems, either over the phone or face to face. Most importantly, as a customer cannot afford to be without safety communications for more than the minimum time taken to repair or replace, your technical support is vital to the ongoing operation of that vessel, aircraft or land based terminal and the lives of those relying on these services.
Tasks you may be involved in include:
- Working with customers to identify and diagnose hardware device, software application, system, and or network problems and advising on the solution
- Logging and keeping records of customer issues and solutions to enable Business Improvement initiatives
- Updating self-help documents so customers and colleagues can try to fix problems themselves
- Testing and fixing faulty equipment
- Delivery of technical solutions using traditional and innovative troubleshooting techniques on the network, hardware and applications providing customer excellence along the way
- Provide support to our customers offering them an experience second to none
- Proactively maintain and grow a strong technical awareness along with a solid commercial knowledge all enabling you to consult and deliver appropriate solutions to your customers, building loyalty and rapport as you go
- Participate in troubleshooting any GX service system or hardware issue raised by our channel, NOC or other internal parties
- Manage cases in line with customer’s expectations securing SLAs and KPIs
- Work closely with the training academy to pass on knowledge of GX troubleshooting processes, network tools and useful network/system experience you gain
- Assist in GX end-to-end troubleshooting in regards to spectrum issues on the over-the-air interface and issues on the hub side, related to line cards, protocol processors and cisco routers
- Support GX network/systems issues to ensure minimum impact in the services
- Interface with GX development team to validate software releases and patches and ensure that any network configuration changes are implemented safely on the live network
- Be part of a 24/7 support team shift rota
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- IT / Computer related degree or equivalent work experience
- A background inIT support witha focus onLinux/ Networking
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to communication affectively at all levels
- Experience in working on a shift pattern
- Being able to decipher technically complex issues from a multicultural customer base
- Display an adaptable and flexible approach in meeting a customer’s requirements, being creative, innovative and prepared to go the extra mile in assisting customers with their queries
- Working in a team environment and being a team player
- PC Literate
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Current CCNA qualification
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in communications / network engineering
- IP data and circuit switched data/voice connectivity, ideally within the satellite communications or cellular sector
- Mobile communications technologies such as Satellite Communications, Cellular Telephony, GSM, GPRS, 3G, UMTS
- Wireless Networking technologies such as WiFi® and Bluetooth® within a mobile / satellite environment
- Working knowledge of VSAT
- Good understanding of core Inmarsat Products & Services and their capabilities
- Experience in working in a technical and International customer service environment
- Inmarsat Channel Partnership & General Commercial Awareness
- Knowledge of a foreign language
- Awareness of Operational Process and Procedures
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our culture and ways of working
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to behaviours that support our values, which create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – we provide a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – we take ownership, we deliver results, and we keep our promises
- Respect – we collaborate, we embrace and celebrate diversity and we value difference
- Excellence – we create bold solutions for our customers and put quality at the heart of everything we do
We also value and encourage a healthy work-life balance, so we offer flexible working wherever possible. Depending on the operational requirements of your job and your team, we can offer compressed hours (nine-day fortnight), hybrid office-remote working, and flexibility during your working day to take care of personal commitments.
At Inmarsat we want the best people for the job, and we warmly welcome applications from you if you’re suitably qualified and eligible, regardless of your sex, gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, gender identity, neurodiverse qualities, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity status.
Inmarsat is signed up to the Halo Hair Code, which aims to protect employees who come to work with natural hair and protective hairstyles associated with their racial, ethnic, and cultural identities.
To give you the best experience possible during your application process and interview, we can make adjustments. For example, if you’re visually impaired we’ll happily meet you locally and help you find your way to our office, or if you have neurodiverse qualities, we can provide you with additional support to help you prepare for your interview. Please let our Resourcing Team know if there are any ways in which we can support you.