Intuitive Machines is seeking a Test Engineer
to join our team. This position will support the vehicle Assembly Integration and Test (AI&T) team.
The applicant will be located on-site in Houston, TX 77059
. The candidate will work in a cross-functional team on the integration, assembly, and test at the subassembly level and at the vehicle level.Responsibilities
U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Naturalized Citizenship Required
- Develop written assembly procedures
- Develop written test procedures
- Support integrated testing, such as load testing, vibration testing, thermal testing, etc.
- Document and submit final test results
- Support assembly at the subsystem level, such as: helicoil insert installation, thermal tape application, heater installation, component-level integration onto the next-level assembly, installing and recording torque values of fasteners
- Support assembly at the vehicle level, such as: primary structure integration, rigging and lifting of vehicle components, recording activities on the procedures
- Kitting and cleaning of hardware
- Submitting procurement requests for flight parts
- Maintaining hardware status in an internet-based database
- Developing designs and solutions to integration and testing issues that may arise
- Maintaining a clean work environment
A candidate for this position will be encouraged to take on as much responsibility as practical and will be expected to play a role in supplier relationships, procurement and fabrication management, procedure development, contamination control, hands-on assembly and testing, and maintaining a clean environment. In addition, the candidate must have a positive attitude and be willing and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment. Must be comfortable working at heights (either on a scissor lift, or on scaffolding).Required Education/Experience/Skills
- Familiar with assembly tools, such as torque wrenches, calipers, etc.
- Familiarity with commonly used spaceflight and commercial specifications for materials, processes, fasteners, mechanical components, connectors, wiring, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with component design and assembly management using 3D CAD software, preferably Solidworks.
- Experience with the generation of work orders, assembly procedures and test plans.
- Familiarity with standard practices for assembly and environmental testing of space flight hardware as well as the tooling and ground support equipment associated with these tests.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Embraces Intuitive Machines core values: Respect, Integrity, Dedication, and Excellence
- Ability and willingness to work under compressed and aggressive delivery schedules
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Intuitive Machines is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. However, due to restrictions imposed through contracts supporting the U.S. Government, some positions require U.S. citizenship. Candidates for certain positions may be required to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.