ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly’s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly’s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond. Firefly is headquartered in Cedar Park, TX.
At Firefly, we believe that building a reliable and inexpensive launch vehicle requires the most reliable, production efficient fluid components available. On the fluid components team we design valves, actuators, and other fluid components tailored to the specific needs of the Alpha vehicle. Our team of engineers have cradle-to-grave ownership over the entire product lifecycle from initial conception through qualification and handoff to the production team.
- Own component hardware through their entire life cycle with the opportunity to work on Alpha, MLV, and/or Spacecraft programs.
- Opportunity to drive Component standards across the company and own a product line
- Work in cross-functional teams in analysis, manufacturing, and test engineering.
- Resolve non-conformances and make design changes to prevent reoccurring issues.
- Work with the program teams to develop hardware upgrades in alignment with ambitious performance and cost goals.
- Assist with the transition from development to production, including first articles.
- Develop and validate simulation-based methods against subscale and full-scale testing
- BS in Aerospace Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 5+ years experience in a fluid systems design-related role
- Exceptional comprehension of engineering fundamentals including fluid mechanics, heat transfer, structural analysis, materials, and processes
- Strong understanding of fluid systems aspects such as fluids systems sizing, valve design and operation, instrumentation, flexible element design & integration and fluid fittings
- Skilled in creating analytical/numerical models of engineering devices and processes
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects
- Works well in a collaborative, fast paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrated interest in advancing 'newspace'
- Self-motivated with minimum direction required.
- Ability to creatively develop economical solutions.
- Served as a Responsible Engineer for a rocket development project in a fluids related subsystem
- Component test experience
- Knowledge of high-pressure, cryogenic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical power systems
- Experience with valve and regulator design
- Experience with liquid oxygen or other cryogenic operations
- Experience modeling fluid networks
- Experience with rapid development techniques for hardware
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.