Application Deadline: 01.06.2023 11:59 AM CEST
Location: Prague / Czech Republic
The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is an operational EU Agency that provides safe and secure European satellite navigation services, develops the GOVSATCOM Hub, promotes the commercialization of Galileo, EGNOS, Copernicus, and GOVSATCOM data and services, and will provide the Space Surveillance and Tracking Front-Desk. EUSPA is also responsible for the security accreditation of all the Components of the EU Space Programme. Lastly, it is foreseen that the Agency will be entrusted with IRIS² tasks.
We are looking for a Senior Legal and Procurement Officer who will support the Agency in a broad range of legal tasks pertaining to both administrative and operational activities, with specific expertise in public-private partnerships, procurement of concessions and concession contracts management as well as in structuring and managing the execution of project finance deals. This specific expertise is required in the context of the Agency’s tasks concerning the Union Secure Connectivity Programme, referred also as IRIS2 5, as set out in the Regulation (EU) 2023/588 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 March 2023 establishing the Union Secure Connectivity Programme for the period 2023-2027.
The jobholder will be entrusted with the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Legal advice
- Provide legal advice on operations and administration of the Agency;
- Advise on the regulatory framework of the Agency;
- Provide advice on legal aspects concerning the application of EU public procurement rules to ongoing and future tenders of the Agency, with reference to concessions and public-private partnership projects;
- Advise on staff matters, interpretation/drafting of legal instruments;
- Draft and help coordinating calls for tenders in line with standard best practices;
- Manage calls for tenders (e.g. publication, organisation of and assistance to evaluation boards, selection process, contract award and signature), with reference to complex infrastructural projects, concessions and public-private partnership projects;
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders, including the Finance department, project officers, economic operators, and auditors;
Contract drafting and management:
- Draft and support negotiating contracts, with reference to concession contracts;
- Follow up on contract interpretation, implementation, performance and enforcement, with reference to concession contracts;
- Assist project officers with contract lifecycle related issues;
- Support the establishment and maintenance of an up-to-date database of tenders, contractual and other legal commitments;
- Support the implementation of any other task falling in the subfields of responsibility of the Legal and Procurement Department defined in section 1, as well as liaise with other departments, notably in the area of Administration, to ensure the execution of related corporate tasks, such as planning, reporting, administration, financial and budget management, risk management.
For more information please visit our career opportunities page: https://www.euspa.europa.eu/about/careers-euspa
Apply today! We look forward to receiving your application.