At EarthDaily Analytics we strive to build a more sustainable planet by creating innovative solutions that combine satellite imagery of the Earth, modern software engineering, machine learning, and cloud computing to help solve the world’s toughest challenges in agriculture, water management, forestry, carbon capture verification and more. Our focus has been on building the world’s most advanced satellite image processing pipelines capable of delivering automated, reliable, meaningful analytics from our customers’ satellites and our own as well as a next generation Earth observation platform. Our belief is that insights can only be as good as the data itself and we pride ourselves on generating the highest quality data products in the industry.
The EarthPlatform is our key discovery, access and analysis platform that will help our customers access our petabyte-level archive and help them build solutions for some of the world’s most pressing challenges in forestry, natural resource management, agriculture and natural disasters.
We’re a multidisciplinary team of software engineers with backgrounds in Geography, Physics, Computer Science, Atmospheric Studies, Mathematics, Cloud Infrastructure, Industrial Design, and Aerospace Engineering among others. The broad range of expertise is core to our success in building the most innovative technologies on (and off!) the planet. Our team of experts have developed the world’s first colour HD video from space, web-based patented Earth observation analytics platform, and have also built the world’s first automated satellite processing service which is being applied to partner satellites and our upcoming constellation slated to launch in 2024.
Our Software Engineers embrace a DevOps culture, work as a highly collaborative team in an agile based iterative development environment and are leading the next revolution in satellite-based Earth Observation remote sensing through problem solving, growth and ownership.
READY TO LAUNCH?
Are you interested in the “new frontier” known as the space industry? Do you aspire to build innovative, ground-breaking geospatial web applications to support our backend systems? At EarthDaily Analytics, we strive for the best of both worlds, where we collaborate and support each other to collectively deliver the most intelligent and sophisticated software capabilities the space industry has ever seen.
If you enjoy and have experience developing high scale commercial grade geospatial web applications in the cloud, we would love to hear from you. We are actively seeking a Senior Software Engineer(Front End) to join our team and together further our mission to build a more sustainable planet.
PREPARE FOR IMPACT!
As a Senior Software Engineer (Front End), you will be responsible for defining, evaluating, prototyping, architecting, designing, implementing, testing, documenting, evolving, deploying, maintaining and applying DevOps practices to our front-end systems (Web Applications, UX Design, Testing Frameworks, Infrastructure, etc) used to support the development and operations of the Ground Segment that supports EarthDaily's EO Sensors (present and future), Value-Added Products and internal systems/services used by active stakeholders.
- Architect, define, design, prototype, implement, test, debug, deploy and evolve geospatial web applications and software/infrastructure capabilities
- Conduct and participate in technical and interface discussions, design reviews, code reviews and feature verifications with other team members.
- Monitor, triage and fix bugs in services with active stakeholders.
- Participate in sprint planning, sprint closure, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives
- Drive the design and implementation of new system requirements, system level architecture.
- Participate in Product and Business Development discussions to advise on and influence the Product Roadmap
- Mentor and train fellow software engineers on software development best practices
- Ensure technical documentation for solution designs is created and maintained
- Recommend new technologies/patterns to ensure solution scalability, maintainability, and quality
YOUR PAST MISSIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or equivalent
- +1 for Master’s or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional experience in software engineering with proven track record of successfully delivering against commitments
- +1 for experience in Earth Observation domain (e.g., image processing)
- +1 for experience in large scale backend API development
- 7+ years of professional experience developing complex commercial front-end applications interfacing with backend REST APIs
- +1 for experience in designing and implementing applications geospatial capabilities
- +1 for experience in user experience design
- Experience with front end testing framework and tools
- Experience developing and software systems deployed within a cloud-based environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- +1 for AWS Certifications
- Experience working within an Agile software development framework and Scrum processes
- Experience practicing DevOps and CICD
- Experience in leading technological advancement of existing capabilities
- Experience in leading, mentoring and growing fellow software engineers
YOUR TOOLKIT (AKA Skills and Knowledge)
- +1 for working knowledge of geospatial libraries such as leaftlet or mapboxGL
- +1 for working knowledge of Oauth authentication/authorization flow
- Excellent knowledge of REST API
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent object-oriented and test-driven design skills
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle process and tools including git, docker, jira, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of AWS or other cloud services
- +1 for working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code
- Working knowledge in CICD, Configuration Management, Scalable and Cost Effective Cloud Infrastructure Architecture concepts
- Self-starter and self-learner attitude with the ability to manage and execute with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative, commit, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Like space exploration, being a part of our high-performing engineering team means we are constantly evolving and pushing boundaries for technological innovations. As we together hold excellence, teamwork, respect, and diversity as our core values, we create a work environment where we inspire each other, help each other grow professionally and most importantly, share strong passion for building a global change detection system with Earth Observation data that boasts the best quality, the broadest coverage, and the highest revisit frequency.
We use fully cloud-native architectures, the latest advancements in computer vision and machine learning, and modern software engineering practices with fully automated CICD software development pipelines continually testing our code, and reliably delivering software systems to cloud-based production environments. The unprecedented insights unlocked by our technologies and services will enable our customers to make informed decisions with the magnitude of accuracy and efficiency unseen before.
We would love to welcome you to our world of software for space.