Who are we?
We hire those that seek to innovate across people, process and technology. Join our global workforce, visualise the future and strive for success. Our engineering campus and corporate offices in the UK and US are optimal environments for ideas and innovation to flourish.
ALL.SPACE, formerly Isotropic Systems, has developed the 5th generation smart terminal, capable of linking with all satellites, all networks, in all orbits, all at once. Our ground-breaking software-defined service enablement platform integrates intelligent routing, edge computing and on-demand services to deliver unprecedented network resilience and application performance. Whether you're on land, sea or air, we ensure that you stay connected.
Visit www.all.space to learn more.Requirements
ALL.SPACE is pioneering the introduction of innovative and disruptive low-profile multiple-beam satellite communications terminals for mobile and fixed applications. These highly integrated terminal systems, typically operating from Ku-band thru K/Ka-bands and above, combine elements of new advances in microwave lens optics, phased array antenna technology, and dynamic beam pointing control systems using analog and/or digital signal processing. They may operate as fully electronic beam steering systems with no moving parts or as hybrid electromechanical steering systems. Our innovative low-cost Satcom terminals will be used on stationary and mobile platforms for a wide range of applications including: aeronautical, land mobile, maritime, and 5G, providing broadband multiple beam two-way communications with dynamic tracking of geostationary and non-geostationary satellites or terrestrial nodes.
ALL.SPACE is in search of a Microwave Circuit and PCB Systems Senior Architect, experienced in circuit requirements, design, component selection, schematic capture, layout, prototyping, and maturation for product release of RF and high-frequency (microwave and mmWave, 1-30 GHz) PCBs. The position will report to the Chief Technical Officer as a core part of the Innovation team that is responsible for designing and maturing new products from early-stage idea to qualified prototypes. It is expected that solutions will require collaboration between disciplines and specializations within the Innovation team and the greater Engineering organization. The selected individual is expected to work closely with the rest of the multidisciplinary Innovation team to find novel solutions to new technical, market, and product challenges. This role will serve as both lead and contributing members of multiple simultaneous ad-hoc project development and prototyping activities and will be expected to supervise junior members of the team (management and team leadership activities are expected to consume a minority of the time). Experience in all phases of PCB design and implementation as a key component in a greater system design, including procurement, is essential. The design of signal processing chains from requirements through block diagrams, component selection, and validation with circuit modelling tools, while accounting for the time- and frequency-domain distortion, noise, signal integrity, and power impacts of filters, attenuators, amplifiers, mixers and other components will be a primary responsibility. The role will be expected to provide guidance into system-level trades and decisions based on implications of the circuit designs. A solid understanding of essential SATCOM and radio communications systems concepts including spectral efficiency, noise figure, G/T, link budgets, modems and modcods, RF lineup analysis, and SATCOM regulatory compliance is highly valuable.Key Responsibility Areas
The successful candidate will have experience and understanding across all aspects of high-frequency circuit and PCB design, implementation, procurement, and testing. This includes the capability to perform such relevant tasks directly as well as leading tasks to be performed by other team members or outside contractors. This role will be responsible for the high-frequency circuit designs of prototypes and early-stage product development to meet the market and business requirements of novel SATCOM terminals and related products. A key business need will be the dissemination of existing and emerging market requirements into product requirements, and subsequently product requirements into system and subsystem specifications from RF to baseband. Related responsibilities include overseeing and performing designs of low-frequency digital control systems and local power supplies in concert with the high-frequency circuits, circuit modelling, testing, and validation against models, and applying engineering judgement to satisfy thermal and mechanical constraints of PCBs. The architect role includes aspects of direct engineering design and analysis, team management and project leadership, and formal systems engineering tasks of documentation, interfaces, requirements analyses & flow-down, with the direct engineering design and analysis as the highest priority.
This role may work on projects with ITAR and/or CUI requirements.Required skills:
- Innovative thinking to solve novel market problems
- Rapid first-order system design from experience-driven engineering estimates and approximations (i.e., Excel)
- Experience in all phases of high-frequency (1-30 GHz) RF, Microwave, & mmWave circuit designs
- Able to perform and/or manage other employees or third parties to perform circuit design, schematic capture, layout, build, test, and validation of mixed-signal PCBs consisting of at least high-frequency signals, low-frequency digital control, and power regulation.
- Experience with high-frequency RF transceivers and signal processing chains
- Development of system and subsystem designs from idea to prototype
- Requirement & risk analysis, tracking, and flow-down
- Requirements for Environmental compliance (e.g. CE, RoHS, etc.)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD or Visio), electrical design experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering
- Highly capable as technical individual contributor as well as team and project leader
- Phased array or other electronically-steered antennas
- Ability to translate the customer Concept of Use (CONUSE) into a communications solution
- Knowledge of current commercial communications systems
- Appreciation of system design & integration challenges
- Systems Modelling tools
- Appreciation of Engineering Test Bed management.
- System modelling techniques and system representation methods (e.g. Capella / SysML)
- Engineering PLM Tool
- Experience with configuration and requirements management tools such as TeamCenter PDM and DOORS
- Top level understanding of transmission through faded channels and the impact of Doppler Shift. (E.g. Gaussian additive models)
- Production of Detailed Design Documents, Production of Test Plans, System Security Documents, Integration Plans, Engineering technical Notes, Verification Matrix Body of Evidence, Requirements Capture, BOM Production
- Generous stock options
- Annual bonus
- 25 days PTO
- 4% 401k match
- Public holidays
- Travel to work schemes
- Fruit, snacks & drinks
- Discounts platform
- Well-being centre