Who are we?
We hire those that seek to innovate across people, process and technology. Join our global workforce, visualise the future and strive for success. Our engineering campus and corporate offices in the UK and US are optimal environments for ideas and innovation to flourish.
ALL.SPACE, formerly Isotropic Systems, has developed the 5th generation smart terminal, capable of linking with all satellites, all networks, in all orbits, all at once. Our ground-breaking software-defined service enablement platform integrates intelligent routing, edge computing and on-demand services to deliver unprecedented network resilience and application performance. Whether you're on land, sea or air, we ensure that you stay connected.
Visit www.all.space to learn more.Requirements
ALL.SPACE is pioneering the introduction of innovative and disruptive low-profile multiple-beam satellite communications terminals for mobile and fixed applications. These highly integrated terminal systems, typically operating from Ku-band thru K/Ka-bands and above, combine elements of new advances in microwave lens optics, phased array antenna technology, and dynamic beam pointing control systems using analog and/or digital signal processing. They may operate as fully electronic beam steering systems with no moving parts or as hybrid electromechanical steering systems. Our innovative low-cost Satcom terminals will be used on stationary and mobile platforms for a wide range of applications including: aeronautical, land mobile, maritime, and 5G, providing broadband multiple beam two-way communications with dynamic tracking of geostationary and non-geostationary satellites or terrestrial nodes.
ALL.SPACE is in search of a Signal Analysis & Processing Senior Architect, experienced in ideation, evaluation, experimentation, and implementation of signal processing and analysis systems to support control and data extraction during operation of multi-beam SATCOM terminals. This role will be responsible for design and implementation in software and programmable hardware (where appropriate) of the signal processing routines necessary to extract useful information from data streams from the terminals, which could include RF input streams, sensors, modem feedback, and other sources, and working closely with hardware engineers to ensure that the hardware supports the required functionality. The position will report to the Chief Technical Officer as a core part of the Innovation team that is responsible for designing and maturing new products from early-stage idea to qualified prototypes. It is expected that solutions will require collaboration between disciplines and specializations within the Innovation team and the greater Engineering organization. The selected individual is expected to work closely with the rest of the multidisciplinary Innovation team to find novel solutions to new technical, market, and product challenges. This role will serve as both lead and contributing members of multiple simultaneous ad-hoc project development and prototyping activities and will be expected to supervise junior members of the team (management and team leadership activities are expected to consume a minority of the time). Experience in implementing signal analysis functionality as a key subsystem in a greater communications system design is essential. The design of signal processing chains from requirements through experimental prototype implementations in models and simulations to block diagrams, component selection, and validation while accounting for system power and cost impacts of various processing stages will be a primary responsibility. The role will be expected to provide guidance into system-level trades and decisions based on implications of the system designs. A solid understanding of essential SATCOM and radio communications systems concepts including spectral efficiency, noise figure, G/T, link budgets, modems and modcods, RF lineup analysis, and SATCOM regulatory compliance is highly valuable.Key Responsibility Areas
The successful candidate will have experience and understanding across all aspects of signal analysis and processing systems, including data sources, cleaning, and data extraction, system design, algorithms, implementation in software and programmable hardware, testing, and validation. This includes the capability to perform such relevant tasks directly as well as leading tasks to be performed by other team members or outside contractors. This role will be responsible for the signal analysis and related feedback functionality of multibeam, active communications system (i.e., satellite ground transceiver) prototypes and early-stage product development to meet the market and business requirements of novel SATCOM terminals with advanced features and related products. For clarity, modem implementation is not required. A key business need will be the dissemination of existing and emerging market requirements into product requirements, and subsequently product requirements into system and subsystem specifications. Related responsibilities include system-level signal modelling and simulation to demonstrate capability and operation of signal analysis and data extraction processes. The architect role includes aspects of direct engineering design and analysis, team management and project leadership, and formal systems engineering tasks of documentation, interfaces, requirements analyses & flow-down, with the direct engineering design and analysis as the highest priority.
This role may work on projects with ITAR and/or CUI requirements.Required skills:
- Innovative thinking to solve novel market problems
- Rapid first-order system design from experience-driven engineering estimates and approximations (i.e., Excel)
- Construction of specific and detailed derived requirements for signal analysis subsystems based on system-level performance
- Estimating and specifying hardware requirements necessary to implement desired signal analysis and processing functionality.
- Experience in all stages of signal analysis and feedback in system and subsystem design from a variety of input signal sources, implementation, prototype, testing, and validation.
- Software and programmable hardware implementation of signal analysis and processing systems.
- Signal distortion and impairment modelling and evaluation against requirements and simulation against target performance
- Able to perform and/or manage other employees or third parties to signal analysis software and hardware design activities
- Experience with DSP chains for high-frequency RF transceivers
- Development of system and subsystem designs from idea to prototype
- Requirement & risk analysis, tracking, and flow-down
- Computer Aided Design, electrical design experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering
- Highly capable as technical individual contributor as well as team and project leader
- Experience with feedback-based motion control systems
- Exposure to antenna beam tracking / direction finding systems including monopulse tracking
- Exposure to sensor fusion for inertial positioning systems
- Experience with noise- or signal-cancelation & conditioning routines
- Ability to translate the customer Concept of Use (CONUSE) into a communications solution
- Knowledge of current commercial communications systems
- Appreciation of system design & integration challenges
- Systems Modelling tools
- Appreciation of Engineering Test Bed management.
- System modelling techniques and system representation methods (e.g. Capella / SysML)
- Engineering PLM Tool
- Experience with configuration and requirements management tools such as TeamCenter PDM and DOORS
- Production of Detailed Design Documents, Production of Test Plans, System Security Documents, Integration Plans, Engineering technical Notes, Verification Matrix Body of Evidence, Requirements Capture, BOM Production
- Generous stock options
- Annual bonus
- 25 days PTO
- 4% 401k match
- Public holidays
- Travel to work schemes
- Fruit, snacks & drinks
- Discounts platform
- Well-being centre