Long Beach, CABonus
At Virgin Orbit, we are launching the small satellite revolution, enabling missions that were previously unimaginable. We are delivering Virgin’s legendary customer experience by combining advanced technology with a diligent, hard-working team. We have built a workplace and a workforce of the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today are launching the industries of tomorrow. We have engaged a diverse and inclusive community of doers and dreamers alike, empowering all those working today to build satellites and constellations that will change the world.
At Virgin Orbit, we are opening space for good. Search all of our job openings on our career portal .
Production Scheduling Coordinator, 2nd Shift Contractor
Virgin Orbit (VO) is seeking a new member for our team to serve as a Production Coordinator, 2nd Shift Contractor
. If you join us in this position, you will assist in ensuring accurate and timely communication of production requirements and hardware progress for on-time delivery of hardware. This role is ideally suited to an internally motivated individual who is able to organize and communicate complex production workflow information and leverage companywide resources to ensure smooth hardware flow from start to finish for the LauncherOne small satellite launch program. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a full-time
position at our rocket factory in beautiful Long Beach, California.
Your Part of the Mission
- Coordination with all applicable departments to ensure on-time delivery of parts to your assigned work center.
- Support of smooth production flow by ensuring that all required parts and support equipment are available to the production floor to support hardware progress.
- Coordination with Production Planning team to establish work order release schedules, ensuring that they are synchronized with the production schedule demands of your assigned department.
- Timely movement of parts completed in your work center to the next location in the production flow.
- Communication of expected late deliveries caused by your assigned area to the affected department(s).
- Accurate tracking of part shortages, including estimated delivery dates, and positively influencing delivery schedules.
- Coordination with all applicable parties to return non-conforming product back into normal workflow in accordance with Issue ticket workflow.
- Drive process improvements with the material planning, inventory, kitting, and outside processing flows.
- Develop reporting tools to provide a high level of transparency and required actions regarding material and parts status.
- Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place.
- Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years of experience in a materials planning role.
- Degree in Business or related field of study.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong Computer skills, familiar with the full suite of Microsoft products.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Familiar with a Push/Pull Lean manufacturing principle.
- Prior experience within the aerospace, automotive.
- Experience in organizing files and documents.
- Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space.
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team.
- Ability and willingness to perform effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement.
- Generally high level of all-around awesomeness.
- Must be able to provide proof of US-approved Covid-19 full vaccination status, unless otherwise exempted by an approved reasonable medical or religious accommodation from Virgin Orbit.
- Must be willing to work varying shifts and additional hours to support critical launch activities.
- Willingness to travel (~25% of time).
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs unassisted.
$21.50 - $31.50 Total Rewards at Virgin Orbit
At Virgin Orbit, we are STRAIGHT UP, which means we encourage honest and transparent communication. Our goal is to help you interpret the pay range you see and understand that compensation is much more than simply base pay. Individual compensation packages are based on candidate-unique attributes, including, but not limited to, skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related factors. Cash compensation is only part of the total reward package, and the range reflects a strong market-based salary. Some jobs may also be eligible for bonus, overtime pay, weekend work compensation and differentials. In addition to cash compensation, all Virgin Orbit teammates are eligible for equity which includes stock options and/or RSUs (Restricted Stock Units) and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).At Virgin Orbit We Offer Some Of The Best Around
At Virgin Orbit, you work alongside some of the best and brightest, on the coolest premier dedicated small satellite launch service. We also know that benefits and belonging are an important piece of your total rewards package.
- Robust time off with holiday shut down between Christmas and New Year
- Better than market 401k including a Safe Harbor plan
- Superior health and welfare benefits offering an average 90% of benefits premiums paid, including some plans with zero employee contributions
- Financial wellness through Northstar which includes your personal financial advisor
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- A variety of optional benefits such as pet insurance and discounts, and remote and/or hybrid opportunity for some positions
- Health Reimbursement program providing up to $3,000 max per year for eligible teammates
- Employee Resource Groups, Virgin cultural gatherings and success celebrations, professional growth opportunities, and more!
At Virgin Orbit, pay and total rewards is about offering competitive programs for any stage of your life and career. We constantly look for opportunities to enhance our programs and reward our teammates and we update our benefits offerings regularly.Other Requirements
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success.” From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men. Stay in touch with the latest news and updates from Virgin Orbit by following us on:
YouTube Twitter Instagram Facebook LinkedIn
Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.