SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.SR. MANAGER, PRODUCTION
- Manage a team of managers, engineers, supervisors and production associates.
- Implement a development program to enhance the capability of all team members with a focus on manufacturability, while improving quality and reducing lead time and cost.
- Ensure a strong focus is placed on safety and maintain an excellent safety record.
- Champion continuous improvement projects using appropriate metrics and data sources, including improvement or mitigation plans needed to achieve the next level of performance.
- Ensuring root causes for quality issues are identified and appropriate improvement actions are put in place.
- Manage resource levels to ensure optimum performance of the team.
- Monitor and communicate area status/readiness and risks to leadership.
- Monitor and maintain compliance to internal quality and ISO9001 and AS9100 standards.
- Foster a spirit of collaboration within and between departments.
- Partner with engineering teams to ensure new product development meets with the goals of product manufacturability.
- Meet tight production schedules to achieve high rate production, while adapting to changing priorities in a fast moving environment.
- Implement machine maintenance schedules and back-up spares availability to ensure up-time and output performance.
- Think creatively; question the status quo, and drive for innovative and progressive solutions to increase competitive advantage.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or 10+ years of experience within materials management, supply chain, or production/manufacturing.
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory/managerial position.
- 3+ years of experience within materials management, supply chain, or production/manufacturing.
- 1+ years of experience overseeing engineers.
- Demonstrated professional experience building and leading teams of highly skilled technicians in a fast paced, high technology field.
- Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing as part of a cross-functional team.
- Experience in fast-paced iterative design environments within the consumer electronics, mobile handset, and medical devices, aerospace or automotive industries.
- Demonstrated capability to solve complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team.
- Experience with printed circuit board fabrication and assembly, with strong understanding of soldering (SMT & through hole) and post processing manufacturing processes.
- Working experience with IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 manufacturing for Class 3 products.
- Experience with component test processes, Thermal and Vibration, having HASS test experience an advantage.
- Experience and/or certification with statistical process control such as Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma.
- Working proficiency with DFMEA and PFMEA methodology and implementation.
- Experience with automated electronics test methods such as flying probes or bed of nails.
- Experience identifying and analyzing production process improvements for rate and quality.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments in a fast-paced production environment.
- Working experience with root cause analysis, preferably using industry best practice techniques such as 8D, 5Y and Ishikawa.
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving the total cost of unit production.
- Passion for advancing high volume manufacturing.
- Hands-on leader with a passion for continuous improvement and building the best hardware.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 10% travel.
Production Engineering/Sr. Manager: $175,000.00 - $230,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.ITAR REQUIREMENTS:
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.