Sierra Space, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin, Durham, North Carolina, and Kennedy Space Center, Florida, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra Space
Sierra Space, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin and Durham, North Carolina, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra SpacePrimary Responsibilities:
- Responsible to provide the centralized planning, direction, and control required to meet the cost, schedule, and performance goals throughout the life-cycle of their assigned programs
- Monitor, update, and report on Program(s)/B&P/IR&D performance/status in accordance with the Capture Management and Planning (CMAP), Program Management and Planning/Tracking (PMAP/PMAT), and CPPM processes
- Serve as Proposal Manager or key proposal team members for follow-on business and/or new business opportunities related to their respective program areas. The Proposal Manager is responsible for successfully completing the SNC proposal process to include developing the strategy for successfully completing the proposal, developing all proposal review data for executive management approval, and ensuring the technical, cost, and management requirements of the proposal are met.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, or technical related discipline. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Leadership abilities inclusive of successful change management, mentoring, career development, training, succession planning, holding people accountable, and conducting yearly reviews
- Requires ability to manage complex situations, delegate authority, lead and inspire your team, drive innovative thinking, instill collaboration, drive for success, challenge status quo, and demonstrate the ability to adapt to dynamic situations
- Requires skills in team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy in the program management disciplines.
- Experience with the evaluation of requests for proposals and/or quotes. Experience with preparing, reviewing, and submitting proposals and/or quotes
- Active US Government security clearance
- Typically 2-7 years of related experience or; Bachelor's in Engineering, Aviation or Management and typically 2-7 years of program management experience
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS)
- Working knowledge of Program Management Institute Program Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Program Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Managing projects using Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), agile, and or spiral development models
- Managing projects requiring Earned Value Management
- Understanding with application tools and data architectures
- Ability to reinforce the usage & application of Corporate PM tools.
- Ability to lead PM process & tool improvement for the Enterprise.
- Ability to keep program management informed of function & process changes within project controls.
- Ability to enhance program management expertise in the staff
- Ability to establish centralized, coordinating body for PM concerns, recommendations, & issues; developing recommended process improvements; facilitating opportunities with Enterprise Program Finance
- Ability to establish new & further refining existing templates, tools, & guidelines for program documentation & execution
- Experience with ensuring compliance with approved Corporate and ISO 9001:2000 Policies and Processes
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
- Frequently walk, sit, stand, climb stairs and steps
- Frequently repeat same hand, arm, and finger motion many times to include finger and hand dexterity
- Rarely lifting or carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Rarely exposed to outdoor elements (high/low temperatures, sun, rain/snow, etc.)
- Rarely exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals/materials
- Rarely exposed to loud noises
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $104,827.91 - $144,138.38
Sierra Space offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.