One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
In Viasat’s Global Enterprise Mobility division, we are looking for an experienced software engineer that can design, write, and deliver software services to our commercial aircraft. Our software teams improve the availability, scalability, and operational efficiency of the services by building automation to prevent the recurrence of field issues. As a member of this team, you will influence new designs, architectures, and methods for large-scale distributed systems. As part of our DevOps model, you will develop the service and own it from cradle to grave including conducting periodic on-call duties using a follow-the-sun model.
As a member of the supportability product team, you will own core supportability enhancements to the service including a ground based remote access SaaS which enables Viasat to provide management / control of our inflight connectivity and entertainment systems on commercial aircraft when on ground without satellite connectivity, provide more robust diagnostics solutions, and generally enhance our ability to support deployed assets.Requirements
- Typically requires 3+ years of related experience with commercial software development in building distributed applications and with a Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering; or 5+ years related experience with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering; or 7+ years related experience without relevant degree
- Strong working knowledge of one or more of: Java, Python, C++, C
- Broad range of technology interests across different disciplines including computer and system architecture, web applications, performance analysis, distributed systems design, testing and verification technologies, data processing and networking
- Ability to work within a distributed remote agile team with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to drive interaction with customers, peer developers and project managers
- Experience with or willingness to learn agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM, XP), modern software development environments and DevOps practices
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design
- Travel up to 10%
- Familiarity with Linux Network Drivers
- Familiarity with running software services at scale
- Experience designing and using RESTful APIs
- Understanding of networking fundamentals (OSI layers 2-7)
- Technical and software engineering background in the areas of cloud computing, enterprise computing, servers, and virtualization technology and products
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience in designing and implementing automated software component and integration tests
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here !
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. For United States-based jobs only: The pay range for this position is $135650 to $223650 annually; however, base pay may vary within this range depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness.