One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments, and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in the pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Viasat is looking for an experienced Power Converter/Analog Design Engineer to join our growing company. In this dynamic role you will have the opportunity to design, develop, and test analog and DC/DC power converter circuits for electronics used in commercial, military, and space products. This will include designing for harsh environments including airborne and space applications. You will work in a collaborative team of electrical, systems, mechanical, manufacturing, and test engineers to ensure successful product development and transfer to production.Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in analog and power converter design (switching and linear) and analysis. This includes topics such as component stress analysis, worst-case analysis, switching circuit analysis, and stability analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience using tools SPICE-based circuit analyses programs (PSPICE, LTSPICE, HSPICE), schematic capture (Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, ORCAD Capture), and board layout (Mentor Graphics Expedition, Zuken)
- Experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, current probes, frequency response analyzers, and multimeters
- Able to work autonomously and helps determine methods and procedures
- Experience in projects and understanding the complex scope of a project
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Ability to obtain a top-secret clearance
- Up to 10% of domestic travel
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Experience in DC-DC converters, operational amplifiers, comparators, bipolar transistors, buffers, DAC’s, ADC’s, power MOSFET’s, and gate drivers and applying this technology to support RF/microwave and digital hardware
- Knowledge in the areas of feedback control theory, power magnetics, DC-DC power switching topologies, and synchronous rectification, EMI/EMC filter design, and military standards
- Background or interest in digital and RF/Microwave design
- Designing for harsh environments experience (including radiation)
- Familiar with the selection of parts suitable for space environments
*** This position will be located at our Tempe, AZ office.***
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here !
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. For United States-based jobs only: The pay range for this position is $144350 to $234300 annually; however, base pay may vary within this range depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness.