One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.Job Responsibilities
ViaSat is in the business of connecting the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, we connect international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high-bandwidth media, applications and content when traveling globally on commercial, business or government aircraft and maritime vessels. We deliver and protect information – when and where it is needed most – with our trusted communications ground systems, infrastructure, and services.
ViaSat Ireland is one of the country’s most innovative, interesting, and exciting technology companies. Based in Dublin city centre's Silicon Docks, beside Trinity College, Merrion Square, Government Buildings and quality transport hubs, we build scalable mobile apps and enterprise software for airlines. ViaSat Ireland is part of a fast-growing, global brand, which designs and launches satellites, delivering quality connectivity to people in the most challenging places - including at 30,000 feet!
We're growing rapidly, creating an immediate requirement for the best people, and significant opportunities for career growth. We work hard to exceed our clients' expectations, but we also like to have fun and make every team member feel valued. We offer an amazing benefits package, flexible start and finish times, an inclusive company culture, the opportunity for worldwide travel and a proactive corporate social responsibility policy that embraces diversity and personal growth. Sound like a good fit for you? We always love to hear from talented, enthusiastic people, so please click on the button for any of our openings and tell us why you rock. Thanks for considering ViaSat Ireland as your career choice. What we need:
We need a ‘passionate about code and quality’ web engineer who has developed complex single page web applications against RESTful APIs.
You will be joining a cross-functional agile team delivering new features and enhancements to one or more of our products.
You will be working alongside talented product managers, software engineers and UX / interface designers. You will be mentoring and training more junior members of your team and will be contributing at the highest level to our software’s design and architecture. You will be responsible for writing automated tests, coding, software configuration and writing documentation. You will help facilitate and improve our Agile process.
Key responsibilities are:
Our server software is typically built on the JVM and exposes rich RESTful APIs that are consumed by our mobile clients, our single page web apps and airlines.
What you need:
- Web development on a modern framework React/Redux/Reflux
- Working within your favourite IDE: IntelliJ / WebStorm / Visual Code
- Testing automation testing with Geb, JEST, Cypress
- Build management with Webpack
- Opportunities to work on full-stack (native & backend) development
- Opportunities to work with Typescript, React Native
- Contributing to our design and software development lifecycles
What would be great:
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field or equivalent practical hands-on experience
- 4-5 years professional experience in a related job using an Agile software lifecycle including TDD, pair programming, short release cycles
- Experience with one or more major web framework e.g.: React, Angular, Web Components
- Experience integrating with RESTful JSON API’s
- Some experience with automated testing e.g.: GEB (exp with Java a bonus, Jest
- Some experience with build technologies e.g.: Webpack, Grunt, gulp.js Some Java application server experience
What we offer:
- Some experience with dependency injection frameworks e.g.: Spring, Guice
- Some experience with build technologies e.g.: Gradle, Maven
- Some experience with cloud container orchestration e.g.: Docker compose, Kubernetes
- A competitive compensation package which includes healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, pension contribution, fitness reimbursement and much more.
- A dynamic work environment with smart colleagues
- A high degree of autonomy, flexibility, and trust
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here !