One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world! For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
This Engineering group within the Global Engineering (GE) organization is primarily focused on supporting service requests. This includes provisioning, configuring, testing, commissioning, and detailing new or modified services for customers. The project engineers work internally with Engineering Peers in the implementation of standards in support of coordinating and deployment of new or modified services. The Project Engineering team work closely with Operations (Project Management/Service Coordination) on assignment of resources, scheduling, moves/adds/changes while in the project phase until the project is completed and turned over to the Network Operations Centre (NOC).Job Responsibilities
- Design, configure and provision Remote and Hub-side Network Components.
- Provide support to remote field personnel while installing project related services.
- Mentor and support Network and Junior Network Engineers, globally.
- Arrange installation, commissioning and ongoing support of Data Centre based services.
- Responsible for updating documentation and drawings relating to projects and service changes.
- Responsible for following Viasat Change Management process. Documenting and submitting Method of Procedure documentation.
- Lateral consultation/in house support for NOC engineering / Global Engineering / Operations.
- Take ownership of major incident escalations and complex project deployments.
- Participate in the North America on-call rotation, providing 1 week cover as part of the team rotation
- 8+ years of proven experience supporting enterprise Cisco Network.
- Broad background in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches, security (ASA Firewall) and wireless technologies (WLC / AP’s).
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Riverbed Steelhead and SDWAN.
- In-depth knowledge of networking technologies such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VPN, QoS, MPLS
- Experience in supporting Cisco Unified Communications and telephony systems.
- Strong knowledge with networking across Satellite / LTE / LoS microwave such as Newtec, iDirect, CradlePoint, Ceragon, Newtec
- Deep understanding of network architecture and best practices.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here !
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. For United States-based jobs only: The pay range for this position is $108100 to $178300 annually; however, base pay may vary within this range depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness.