One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
The space and cybersecurity team at Viasat is a diverse group of engineers, data scientists, security analysts, space systems experts that work to solve some of the world’s must cutting edge and emergent challenges. Our team works to connect the world and enable the latest technologies of space systems to interconnect space-based communications systems across (and above!) the globe.
As a Cybersecurity Systems Engineer, you would be expected to design cybersecurity system designs relating to satellite systems.We are looking for your help in integrating our cybersecurity operations center with satellite communications systems.And creating next-generation, variable or zero-trust communications architecture that are positioned in a space context. This opportunity is a customer-funded research and development opportunity which will be intersect several domains, including space systems architecture, information assurance, public key infrastructure, and machine learning/artificial intelligence.
We are seeking a design-minded individual that has the acumen to interface with experts working across multiple disciplines. This individual will work to design and interconnect impactful cybersecurity technology and organizational system functions that increase the security posture of a system of systems.Requirements
- 7+ years of background with network security or related disciplines
- An understanding of Zero Trust principles, such as the NIST Zero Trust Architecture
- Must be familiar with secure networking, including multiple layers of the OSI networking stack
- Demonstrated success in an industry field with designing secure system architectures
- Awareness of information assurance architectural concepts (e.g. PKI, encryption, trusted boot, multi-factor authentication, TRANSEC, authenticated SW download, etc. )
- Demonstrated ability working in a Systems Engineering and Architecture role
- Familiarity with the workings and interfacing with a Cybersecurity Operations team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills in front of customers; ability to communicate with internal teams
- Bachelors Degree in STEM field
- US Citizenship required
- Active TS/SCI Clearance or ability to obtain when administratively feasible
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Masters (or higher) degree in a STEM field
- Familiarity and exposure to running a red, blue, or purple team security assessment
- Familiarity with communications system technologies (RF, terrestrial, laser)
- Awareness of data provenance and data privacy concepts
- Experience working in a Cybersecurity Operations Center, or other operational team construct
- Familiarity with space systems within a communications or space-based sensor background
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here !
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. For United States-based jobs only: The pay range for this position is $157450 to $255650 annually; however, base pay may vary within this range depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness.