One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we are on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments, and militaries around the globe communicate. We are looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider.
Viasat was founded in 1986. Today, we have :7000 employees globally and in the year ending March 2022, our revenues were :$2.8 Billion.
You are a capable, self-motivated data engineer, well-adapted in software development methods including Agile/Scrum. You will be a member of the data engineering team working on tasks ranging from design, development, operations of data warehouse, data platform functions.
We enjoy working closely with each other utilizing an Agile development methodology. Priorities can change quickly, but our team members are able to stay ahead to delight every one of our customers whether they are internal or external to Viasat. Travel up to 10%.Required Skills:
- Strong programming experience using Python.
- Demonstrated ability with 3 to 5years experience as a data engineer or experience working on data engineering projects/platforms.
- Working experience with data pipelines & methodologies. Experience with SQL & wide variety of databases like PostgreSQL.
- Good knowledge & experience in distributed computing frameworks like Spark
- Good experience with source code management systems like GIT
- Capable of tuning databases, SQL queries to meet performance objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering or equivalent technical background and experience
- Embracing the DevOps philosophy of product development, in addition to your design development activities you are also required to provide operational support of the post-production deployment.
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS, containerization, container orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes preferred.
- Working experience with data warehouses & ETL tools.
- Capable of debugging complex issues across various ETL platforms, databases.
- Experience with DevOps and tools such as Jenkins, Ansible is a plus
- Experience with small to mid-sized software development projects. Experience with Agile Scrum a plus.
- Understanding of routing, switching, and basic network communication protocols
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here !