The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Building on The Aerospace Corporation's reputation as a trusted, impartial advisor with integrity and dedication to mission success, the Civil Systems Group (CSG) combines deep technical expertise with market-leading innovation to help our customers solve complex systems engineering and integration challenges. CSG is organized by core customer-facing lines of business to manage and grow programs within NASA, NOAA, USGS, and the NNSA, while extending our capabilities to other civilian federal government agencies fully integrated within Aerospace rules, regulations, processes, values and behaviors.
This position will perform systems engineering and technical integration across the lifecycle of the Pressurized Rover (PR) Project in concert with internal, external, and international organizations.
This is a hybrid position based at the Johnson Space Center. The position will approximately call for 3 days of in-office work and 2 days of teleworking.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support the project’s systems engineering structures and processes that lead to a certified vehicle.
- Provide requirements definition, flow-down, assessment, and verification planning.
- Plan, develop, and execute major project reviews and lead internal project reviews.
- Provide Interface definition and management.
- Baseline and manage technical products, and perform critical path and technical risk management.
- Manage data, system hardware, and software configuration over the lifecycle.
- Manage discrepancies and participate in material/failure review boards.
- Support hardware owners in establishing overall hardware qualification and acceptance test planning to meet applicable requirements.
- Provide technical review of verification products (test plans, procedures, reports).
- Identify opportunities for innovation to improve cost, schedule, technical performance, and safety within the project and program.
What You Need to Be Successful
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or science
- Typically 8 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including experience in a systems engineering and/or program management environment
- Knowledge of and previous experience in delivering flight hardware at the project or program level
- Systems engineering experience
- Ability to effectively utilize oral and written communication to express technical concepts and recommendations to personnel at all technical and managerial levels
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Occasional support of international meetings in the evenings from approximately 18:30 to 21:00 Central Time may be required.
- Occasional international travel may be required.
- OGE-450 and/or ability to be cleared for procurement sensitive discussions may be required
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of the following:
- SharePoint Experience
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity, and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Experience working with international partners
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.