The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Systems Engineering Division (SED) provides unmatched experience in systems engineering to the U.S. government and to numerous public and private agencies, universities, nonprofit organizations, consortia, and commercial companies involved in the advanced application of space technology. From systems architecture development to system analysis and optimization, astrodynamics, orbital debris, navigation, failure analysis, mission assurance, cost and schedule assessment, and economic market analysis, SED exploits an incredibly broad array of engineering and business disciplines against a diverse and dynamic portfolio of programs and national challenges.
The Reliability and Statistics Department (RSD) within SED provides our customers with reliability modeling and statistical analysis expertise, with a special focus on assessing the capabilities and replenishment needs of satellite constellations. As a member of RSD you will serve as a liaison to management and customer representatives and lead the production and delivery of work products by RSD and interdisciplinary teams.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Apply statistical techniques to derive insight and inform risk from a wide variety of data related to space systems
- Perform analysis on system availability and replenishment planning for satellite systems
- Develop, evaluate, and update reliability models associated with satellite systems and launch vehicle systems
- Provide technical advice to management, customers, and associate contractors
- Document technical efforts and brief internal and external customers
What You Need to be Successful
- BS or equivalent degree in statistics, mathematics, engineering, or related field
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with government customers, Aerospace program offices and contractors, and engineering staff across a broad range of disciplines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated personal initiative and ability to work independently, manage multiple simultaneous tasks, and be flexible to changes in tasking
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Advanced degree in statistics or related field
- Experience with survival analysis, design-of-experiments, and other statistical disciplines related to reliability engineering
- Fluency in at least one programming and scripting language (C++, Java, R, Python, Matlab, etc.)
- Familiarity with reliability and statistics software tools (JMP, Windchill, ReliaSoft, etc.)
- Current TS/SCI clearance
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$123,920 - $123,920 - $176,842
Pay Basis: Annual
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.