Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, a leader in innovation, manufacturing, and operations in the satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast-growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is seeking an Information Technology Intern
for the summer of 2023.
This position is an incredible opportunity for motivated students to shape the outcome of our commercial and defense space capabilities and develop new skills.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
- Help troubleshoot issues and provide technical support
- Organize and maintain IT resources, including documentation and inventory
- Provide end-user support with workstation and basic application support
- Learn about networking and software solutions as part of the internship experience
Qualifications And Skills
- Must be currently enrolled in a bachelor's or post-graduate degree program in computer science, information technology, or management information systems, with at least one semester of classes remaining after the internship
- Ability to work full-time, on-site for 10 to 12 consecutive weeks beginning in May or June 2023
- 3+ months of relevant IT experience, including internships, laboratory, and team project experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to diagnose, research, and troubleshoot technical problems
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux hardware and software
- Strong focus on information security best practice
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics in a clear and compelling fashion
- Willingness to learn new skills as required and develop expertise in unfamiliar areas
- Passion for space and technology
Salary Range $20.00 per hour
About Terran Orbital
Terran Orbital is a leading manufacturer of satellite products primarily serving aerospace and defense industries. Terran Orbital provides end-to-end satellite solutions by combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and on-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. Learn more at www.terranorbital.com
This is largely a sedentary role with heavy computer usage. Position may require the incumbent to move about on hands and knees, crouch, bend legs and spine, and stand as necessary.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
To comply with US Government space technology export regulations, the applicant must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the US Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may require a current United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].